Biggest Loser Resort!!!

Valqis
Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I just found this online and thought it was totally cool.
The ACTUAL Biggest Loser Ranch is open for people to come and workout at! Website is below.

http://www.biggestloserresort.com/

Replies

• GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Our Rates

The rates for The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge are broken down into weekly increments. The more weeks you reserve, the lower the weekly price.

Current Rates

Private Accommodations: A guestroom all to yourself.
    One Week: $1,995
    Four Weeks: $7,200 ($1,800 weekly rate)

Double Occupancy Accommodations: A double occupancy guestroom. (We can try and find you a roommate)
    One Week: $1,595
    Four Weeks: $5,600 ($1,400 weekly rate)

Off-site Accommodations: You stay off-site in accommodations you arrange for yourself.
    One Week: $1,295
    Four Weeks: $4,400 ($1,100 weekly rate)

NOTE: Weeks do not need to be consecutive. You can purchase weeks at the multi-week rate and spread them out over a period of time.

A $200.00 per week non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking. The rates listed above do not include a combined hotel and sales tax. The balance is due 2 weeks prior to arrival. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, Cash, Check, and Money Order.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Great if you have the extra cash lying around.....and you have to get there somehow too! A girl can dream.....
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Looks like a great resort.... BUT...as much as I love the show...would I want to spend my vacation exercising like mad??? Dont get me wrong, given the opportunity, Id go in a heartbeat....but paying for it myself and using a week's vacation time from work doesnt make it too appealing. LOL!

Im thinking I could spend that money on my dream vacation to Hawaii and relax on the beach and exercise by walking/hiking/swimming.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    In my opinion, it's not worth the money. I kinda feel like they are exploiting people who watch the show and see people losing such huge amounts. It would cost almost $10,000 to stay at the ranch as long as some of the competitors do. You could join a gym, hire a personal trainer, nutritionist, and a chef for way cheaper than that. Better yet, you could get a fully equipped home gym that you could have forever.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    For $50 per hour you could hire a "Jillian or Bob" to beat the crap out of you. Additionally, you could consult with a certified nutritionist on what to eat based on YOUR body and goals. I agree with lynnw, that is a lot of money to spend for something that you could do locally.
  • tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    I think it would be a fun personal challenge :)
This discussion has been closed.