My NSV

Options
Martha_VH
Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
I had a Non-scale victory last night. I don't remember the last time I was able to do this...
My husband and I went out to dinner for our "date night". We had planned to go to a delicious sea food restaurant, and I had looked up the menu and planned what I would eat. But the wait was 1 1/2 hours. So we said we'll come back another night and ate at the place next door.

My meal was delicious, and I ate the whole thing. I logged it, and of course was over calories for the day. Usually when I am over calories, I don't care, and the whole day goes to the wind. I thought about finding another snack at before bedtime. I walked into the kitchen, and said, NO! I don't need another snack. I had a glass of water and went to bed!

Replies

• GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Good choice! Keep up the good work.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Not an insignificant victory! Congratulations!!!
  • wbergea
    Options
    Outstanding! That's what I love about MFP! It makes us so aware of what our daily intakenis. Keepmup the great work!
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Its that changing of lifestyle....good job.
  • gwmedicgod
    gwmedicgod Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job Martha... Wish I would have done that last night...
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I know the exact feeling of letting go and just eating whatever after one bit over what you 'should' have done. I am impressed! Great NSV :happy:
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    absolutely brilliant! Good for you :) It's the start of many changes that used to be so hard that will eventually be second nature.... applause :)
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's always harder to walk away than to give in. I'm totally impressed that you gave yourself rest instead of more food.
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are already transforming your attitude which is a major player on your fitness journey. :)
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! I also had a similar NSV today, i can Never say "No" to friends when they invite me to eat food. Well i still went to dinner with my friends but i did not eat a thing. I had already finished my calories for the day and just sat and enjoyed company. I didnt even sample. But i did eat a 73 calorie chocolate square. I scanned the wrapper to ensure i had enough calories for it and i did!! So i didn't suffer completely!! lol. i feel really proud of myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!