low sugar foods?

dporter1183
dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have decided to start watching my sugar intake instead of my iron (since the settings on MFP only allow you to record so many things at once...)

any whoo.....I'm allowed 1260 cals a day but 25g of sugar.

Can you guys give me some ideas on some of the things you eat that are low in sugar but wont keep me too far under my calorie goal for the day?

Thanks!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Some of the best low sugar fruits are strawberries and cantaloupes.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    bump
  • I have insuline resistance so I have no choice but to eat low sugar/carb.
    My diet usually consistst of lots of salads, chicken, eggs & fish. It sucks but it keeps me under my calorie goal and my blood sugar stays in check as well.
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Triscuits, most Atkins Advantage brand foods (double check the labels), light wheat bread, low sugar/low sodium peanut butter (Jif makes a yummy kind). No sugar added popsicles (Edy's and Crystal Light make very low-cal popsicles that are really good). Quaker makes a good 25% less sugar chewy bar.

This is the tip of the iceberg as far as low sugar food goes. I've gotten to be a pro at looking at sugar labels. I'm hypoglycemic, so I can't even have fruit because it'll shoot my sugar levels way up too quickly.

Staying within my sugar range has greatly sped up and improved my weight loss, so I hope it does the same for you! Good luck!
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    I would say salads and things like that, I also eat SF Jello Pudding snacks with my lunch or as a snack and they have alot of diffrent kinds that are good and only 60 calories!. Ive been very sugar concious lately as well so Ive been looking at everything I eat a little closer now and its helped alot!!!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, salads, almonds...the list goes on :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    0% Fage greek yogurt has 7 grams of sugar per 6oz serving and 15g of protein!
  • dporter1183
    dporter1183 Posts: 154 Member
    what about breakfast? I'm at work and we have a cafeteria that I can run too. I'm starving and everything I look up that I normally eat will take up a good portion of the sugar I'm allowed for the day.

they have pre packaged cereals, yogurt, fruit (grapes, berries, pineapple etc), coffee... They have breakfast foods made, like eggs, bacon, biscuts, gravy.......but it's not always very good, so I usually steer clear.
This discussion has been closed.