Im trying to lose... Partner trying to gain! Advice please.

Options
Hi... i have 12 pounds left to lose and it seems to be taking forever.

however, my partner has decided he wants to gain around 28 pounds because his mother passed away a few years ago which has caused him to lose weight and money issues are not helping.

i would just like some advice on how to help him gain the weight, whilst still trying to lose my last pounds. i have the willpower and motivation (sometimes i have naughty weeks, but i know i always bounce back).

what things should he be eating. what things should i be eating/doing etc.

thanks

Replies

• bethann223
    Options
    Wow, what an interesting situation. Is your partner underweight (low BMI)?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Can you make higher calorie foods and you take a small portion and he takes a much much larger portion? Or cook one specail side dish for him that is packed full of calories.

Another great way for him to gain is to snack on nuts throughout the day (provided there are no allergies). They pack a lot of protein and calories for a small amount. Or, with dinner maybe he could drink a mass gaining protein powder? You can buy protein powders that are made for people who want to gain weight. It would be easy for him to add those extra needed calories without really having to change much. A shake or two a day of the mass gainer powder might be a good addition for him.