Working out 3x week--NO CHANGES!

Options
I'm feeling really frustrated right now.. I'm exercising (mostly cardio) 3x a week and have changed my diet (cutting out refined sugar and increasing water and protien) and I haven't lost a pound! I'm trying to find exercise that I like doing, but that is really difficult! I can't run due to asthma and big-bustedness problems. Should I amp up my exercise time? I'm debating doing a video on hulu or netflix-- have those helped anyone? I stopped doing my calorie counter because I've been feeling bad about not being able to change my body at all--- Any insight of how I can change would be appreciated!

Edit: Have been on different exercise routines since friggin' OCTOBER

Replies

• 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You stopped doing your calorie counter? Then how do you know you aren't eating more than you should?

Working out 3 times a week will mean your body has changed...whether the scale says it or not. I would imagine you can do more for longer now and your body will be more toned. Have you checked your measurements? Sometimes the weight stays but the inches drop.
  • You stopped doing your calorie counter? Then how do you know you aren't eating more than you should?

Working out 3 times a week will mean your body has changed...whether the scale says it or not. I would imagine you can do more for longer now and your body will be more toned. Have you checked your measurements? Sometimes the weight stays but the inches drop.

^^^This.
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i go with the statements above....you should not stop your food journal as it keeps your calorie-intake in check.

i also understand that you have asthma, but sometime 3x a week isint sufficient, especially if you are really obese. i started out 3x a week as well, and i got really frustrated after 2 months because NOTHING happened at all, no weight loss, nothing! I increased my workouts to 5x a week, controlling my diet and saw massive changes...my weight began to melt off...and i didnt do any major workouts as well because i was very demotivated. I brisk-walked (inclined 6, speed 5.8) each day, followed by the elliptical, without any weight lifting...Also, your diet plays the PRIMARY role.

Its been a month now, lost 12kgs, even bagan running on the treadmill :)