BEST ADVICE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN

Options
2»

Replies

• lsill64
    Options
    Well - I think Lewis Black said "never take advice on how to lose weight from a fat man". So I don't give advice on how to lose weight, lol. I will say though that MUSIC helps me work out, I can't do it without music. Cardio or weights and I do both, but mainly cardio (though that may change after some of the comments I'm reading). Put your favorite "move it" music in your iPod or whatever and rock out while you work out - it's a whole other experience.:bigsmile:
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Make a choice EACH day what you are going to do TODAY to achieve your goal.

That helped me SO much when I was at the top end of weight - the changes I needed to make were SO HUGE and seemingly unattainable, but once I broke it down to daily choices about what I would eat and how I would move my body, it was much more in my reach!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    dont buy fancy suplements and meal replacement shakes, just eat healthy and keep active

a close second is the advice that came from my dog, it sounded like "woof" but since she had brough me her leash I interpreted it as "take me for a walk"

Bahaha - love it! Dog wisdom!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    "Begin. The rest is easy"

"Do it anyway"

You can answer all the self-doubt and negative questions in your mind with one of those two sentences. Examples:

"I'm too tired" Do it anyway.
    "All this counting calories is boring" Do it anyway.
    "I don't like veggies". Do it anyway.
    "This isn't as fast as I wanted it to be" Do it anyway.
    "I'm not seeing it in the mirror" Do it anyway.