Is this a good breakfast?

Options
Before I started my diet, I had a horrible diet for breakfast....

When I was working ( desk job) I would have A & W Breakfast ( Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast and a hash brown). Yes, i said horrible.

When I went into maternity leave, I switched to rice and whatever left over dinner I had last night. Yes still horrible.

Now that i am on a diet, This is what I have been having:

One Hard boiled egg
2 slices of whole wheat, toasted with butter.
and a banana..

Is this ideal? or not? ( i don't eat cereal, or oatmeal. I'm asian. I'm used to rice and meat even for breakfast)

It feels me up, but i just want to make sure this is ok as a breakfast...

Thanks

Replies

• honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Your eggs feel you up? Where can I get me a carton of those?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What metrics are you using to classify your breakfast as horrible?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the best breakfast is no breakfast
  • SideSteel
    Options

For some people.
  • sheicon23
    Options
    @ sidesteel... i don't know... when i was at work, everyone would just laugh at me whenever i bring my breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and hash brown in.

I guess I just read everywhere what healthy breakfast should be and mine doesn't seem to fall into any of those categories....

@honeyandmilk.. believe it or not, it does fill me up...
  • honeyandmilk
    honeyandmilk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @ sidesteel... i don't know... when i was at work, everyone would just laugh at me whenever i bring my breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and hash brown in.

I guess I just read everywhere what healthy breakfast should be and mine doesn't seem to fall into any of those categories....

@honeyandmilk.. believe it or not, it does fill me up...

I was teasing you - you wrote "feel me up" instead of "fill me up". Meaning, your breakfast was copping a feel.

Your breakfast is totally fine. Protein, whole grains and fruit are a well balanced, filling breakfast.
  • etbartlett
    Options
    I come from more of a whole food/paleo philosophy - I would say eggs and bacon (as long as you look at the source of the food) is an ideal breakfast. I can never justify wheat/flour/gluten ... and my health and weight has significantly improved since I really realized that. So, in my opinion, you are close, but I would ditch the toast for sure!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a bacon and eggs breakfast...if you're careful with portions. Sounds pretty yummy to me! A good breakfast is whatever you like, whatever keeps you satisfied until lunch, and if its nutricious ....even better!
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I don't see any problems with your breakfast choices. Focus on your entire diet as a unit. If you're overconsuming calories or neglecting nutrients over the course of time, you're going to have problems.

But you can have a great diet while including any of the food items you've listed (even toast).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

For some people.

Sorry for Agreeing with you so much SS but when your right your right... Breakfast comes down to personal choice and how you fit your calories into your day along with your Macro's for me I am a Type 2 Diabetic and the last thing I do is eat in bed and after fasting over night my blood sugars in the morning run around 65-70 so between that and getting a good start to my 4000 calories for the day, I prefer to get in around 1200 calories for Breakfast... OP there is nothing wrong with Bacon and Eggs and even some hash browns if that fits into your day.. I would eat that breakfast without blinking and eye, don't see anything wrong with it... but you have to find what works best for you....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't it be ok?