Snack: 10am-11am

Lunch:1pm

Snack:4pm

Dinner: 6.30pm

Snack: 8pm
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and either a snack in the afternoon if I'm hungry or dessert. I find eating the three meals keeps me full and satisfied and prevents me from making poor decisions.
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am following Dr Ian Smith's Shred Revolution diet right now and he has us eating 4 meals & 3 snacks a day. The snacks are 100 or 150 calories & meals vary 200-300 usually. It has worked - lost 14 pounds the first 3 weeks. Many weight loss plans have you eating every 3 or 4 hours to keep your metabolism going.
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Between 5-8 times a day. Only because my metabolism has skyrocketed thanks to my thyroid but I still get full pretty easily. I won't consider all of them meals though, mostly snacks, and I try to net 1600-1900 calories per day. It usually goes: snack, snack, snack, lunch (400-500 cals), snack, snack, dinner (550-700 cals), snack.

Snacks are usually fresh fruit smoothies, protein shakes made with milk and plain celery or something like that. They range from 50-300 cals. Lunch and Dinner is usually a slab of some sort of meat and vegetables. And I drink 1-2 gallons of water per day (i'm always thirsty).

I workout 1-2 hours per day. It's my stress reliever.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Two. Both meals are between noon and 8pm. I am an IFer.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,103 Member
    Options
    I eat three, but it is totally up to personal preference. Whatever helps an individual conform to their calorie amount is the number of times a day they should eat. All the research shows meal frequency makes no difference.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    On weekends I find I eat less frequently than weekdays but I eat closer to 6 meals a day or every 2- 2 1/2 hours else I'll get hunger pains...Those started when i became a High Performance athlete 2 1/2 years ago, before that about 4 meals/day
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

Most days I have a small snack in the morning and afternoon - I find that helps me not over-eat at lunch and dinner.
  • Offical
    Options
    All day long.. I don't keep track!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    coffee
    lunch
    dinner
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I eat non-stop
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My problem was not eating,

(and recent diabetic diagnosis)

So, breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner..

Altho I've been letting it slide this last week, under 800 calories most days and barely any loss on the scales.
    You are not eating enough to lose. You have to eat to fuel your body to burn the calories..believe me Im just learning this myself.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 3 snacks:

6:30 - coffee w/creamer
    9:00 - am snack (usually protein)
    11:30 - lunch (3-4 oz of meat and a veggie)
    1:00 - PM snack (usually 1 oz of nuts)
    5:30 - dinner (3-4 oz of meat and a veggie)
    8:00 - pm snack (2 hail merry macroons or 1 oz of blue diamond butter toffee almonds)

**Edited to add, if I'm eating every few hours I don't get too hungry which tends to bring on the "grab anything" monster. By planning my meals, it keeps me focused on eating whole, healthy foods - and not grabbing something out of the vending machine.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    5 or 6. Breakfast, lunch, mid-day "snack", dinner, plus one other meal between brekkie and lunch after my workout if it's a workout day.
  • hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use to do the 5-6 meals a day thing, but now i do 2 and getting great results.

Edit: I'm doing IF with a 4-6 hour eating window
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Everyday snacking is likely to wear out the pancreas and lead to diabetes if you are obese and do not eat well. One third of us is obese and another one third is overweight. One in four Americans over age 20 has prediabetes, and 90% of those who have it don’t even know they have it. An A1C level between 6 and 6.5 percent is considered prediabetes. You may want to ask your doctor for an A1C test to make sure you're not at risk from an overactive pancreas. Unless you're in very good shape, how can you be reasonably sure you're not getting closer?
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    2-3
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Also, if you don't eat too much at one meal, you are less likely to turn the food into fat.
    No.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I drink lattes all day but eat lunch, dinner and have snacks between/after.
  • EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 5 in the morning so I eat breakfast around 6 am.
    I bring food to school(senior in HS) so I normally eat my snack and some of my lunch through out the school day as oppose to in the lunch room.
    I find its easier to digest.
    When I get home I either go to gym or snack first weight and hour to two then go (otherwise I go to gym and snack when I get home)

My cals often are
    Breakfast: 450-500
    Snack: 250
    Lunch: 550
    Snack: 250
    Dinner: 450-500

for an even 2000. Or more depending on how much I burn.