Energy required!!

Options
Does anybody have any suggestions on substituting sugar for natural energy? I feel shattered!!!

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by "natural energy"
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I should probably add that I have a tendency towards anxiety which frequently leaves me exhausted. This weekend has been non stop and once again I've fallen back into my old trap of getting too anxious, not realising how tired I've become then overheating on chocolate or quick sugars to stay awake. The logical answer is to sleep more I suppose but I'm just so fed up with falling into the same habits each time. I shouldn't be this overweight permanently tired person who binges on junk food each time I'm left to my own devices. Hubby's gone out for the evening and I've failed again. This isn't the person I should be.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    have a beer.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Keeping busy is about the only thing that keeps me from snacking esp in the evenings. Do you like to read? Reading helps me escape from anxiety.
    Jane x
  • 1fitwong
    1fitwong Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising regularly?? Good cardio really helps with my energy and anxiety.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/22590-effects-exercise-serotonin-levels/
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try a time released vitamin b pill.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If your anxiety is that bad you should talk to your doctor.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    We've got to want it badly enough to change everything that's held us back. People fail because "it's too hard", but If we hang in there, results will come .... and once they come, we never look back !

(Make sure you step away from any junkfood, too ...... get some sleep ..... good luck !)
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    On the positive note, I am a lot better than I was. I have dyslexia which affects my concentration and short term memory significantly and increasing work pressures exacerbated the problem - particularly about 18 months ago when I had to have 2 ops. I changed my job in May last year and its made things a lot better than they were although like anything change takes time, commitment and patience. 'If they can't handle me at my worst then they definitely don't deserve me at my best'. Choice of MFP friends reflects this - no offence intended either way.

This evening I've cleaned out our two chinchillas (Itchy and Scratchy) and had a bubble bath. Think that an early night will also help. Will remember to come back and read this post in the future. Thanks for your support All, it means a lot. x