Salad Help

trufels24
trufels24 Posts: 26 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I really LOVE "mingled salads"....let me translate.

One of my all-time favorites WAS black beans, pinto beans, garbonzo beans, celery and salsa (or fresh pico de gallo).

Here's my dilemma.....I was sick for almost 2 years before finding out the culprit is food allergies. I'm allergic to Chicken and Tomatos. So, no more salsa!!!

Regardless, I can adapt my above recipe to fit, but I'm desperately looking for other recipes that contain beans, fresh vegies, etc. that I can in a since, marinate in dressings/vinegars, etc. that are excellent for grab and go type meals.

Here's what I love to do. I love to make up a big bowl of something and then measure it out into individual servings, then in a zip lock bag, I will count or weigh out my triscuits or pretzels so that in the mornings, I can grab it and go. I don't mind eating the same thing until it's gone, it's just I am DESPERATE for some new combinations! Please, please, please, give me some ideas!!!

Thank you all!!!

Replies

• NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Glad to hear that you were able to find the culprits...but you don't have to give up your favorite..just tweak it a bit with a tomatillo (green) salsa instead!! (They are actually related to gooseberries and not a tomato at all!) Good luck!
  • trufels24
    trufels24 Posts: 26 Member
    You know, Nikki, I have used the Green Salsa in another recipe (totally NOT diet at all...lol), and I haven't thought 1 time about using it in this!!! Thanks so very much!!!
  • electricgypsy
    electricgypsy Posts: 32 Member
    make a french style bean salad with lemon juice and vinagerette flavoured with mint and parsley.
This discussion has been closed.