One Year of Barbells and Ice-Cream: My Story…So Far (pics)

Options

Replies

• 250mrsb
    250mrsb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    absolutely amazing! I hope one day I can look like that :) Congrats!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    2982708g9tg7al8d1.gif

Fabulous work and what a lot you went through to get there!!! Keep up the excellent work!!
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well Done!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Such a boss. You're totally inspiring :drinker:
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! Love the progress and hope to do the same. I also love lifting heavy and am not encouraged to lift heavier if these are the results you can achieve!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting, I LOVE this thread, and I LOVE YOU!! You are inspirational, motivational, and an absolute f*cking rockstar, Sara!!! :icecreamforyou: (stolen from Rach, lol)

Haha! I stole that from Sara! :bigsmile:

You're lucky to be alive, and we are lucky to have you! Damn you and Dana for making me cry over your success stories! I :heart: you, Sara. You've helped me in so many ways. I would be a complete mess if I hadn't met you. I can't wait to see what other amazingly awesome things you have in store for yourself. Mmmmwaaaaah! :alltheicecreamforyou:

Oh, I should've known that!! LOLOLOL

Perfectly said, Rach...and I gotta say it again because it can't be said enough...LOVE YOU, SARA!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting, I LOVE this thread, and I LOVE YOU!! You are inspirational, motivational, and an absolute f*cking rockstar, Sara!!! :icecreamforyou: (stolen from Rach, lol)

Haha! I stole that from Sara! :bigsmile:

You're lucky to be alive, and we are lucky to have you! Damn you and Dana for making me cry over your success stories! I :heart: you, Sara. You've helped me in so many ways. I would be a complete mess if I hadn't met you. I can't wait to see what other amazingly awesome things you have in store for yourself. Mmmmwaaaaah! :alltheicecreamforyou:

Oh, I should've known that!! LOLOLOL

Perfectly said, Rach...and I gotta say it again because it can't be said enough...LOVE YOU, SARA!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you lovely ladies!! But, both you have made great progress - look at you rocking that bikini, and Rach with 100+lb loss.
  • lu136mickey
    Options
    you have done an amazing job so happy for you!! you look awsome
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement
  • zoesimple
    Options
    You are amazing! A huge inspiration!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @Sara:

You are such a survivor. (Yes!) Thanks for telling your story. I am so impressed with and inspired by all you've done.

And thanks for all the great advice you give and knowledge you share on MFP; I've learned a lot by reading your posts. (When Sara talks, I listen!)

:flowerforyou:
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post, and while I knew part of your story, found this incredibly inspiring nonetheless. A picture is truly worth a thousand words. I think your before and afters are incredible indications of both of how far you have come as well as the confidence you have gained along the way. Rock on, woman!
  • Julie21fluff
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me on MFP. Thanks for sharing your journey - you are truely inspirational and look amazing - well done ! x
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Damn Sara - I always assumed you were born the way you are in your "now" photos! Really inspiring to know you used to be just like the rest of us!

This has now become one of my favourite threads - thanks for the inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow... simply amazing. :love:

Thank you for sharing!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your incredible and inspirating journey! Suffering my self from skeletal issues, you show that one does not need to be a couch potato, but can be pro active and take charge of their life.
    Well done:flowerforyou:
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this thread Sara- you are truly inspiring.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • yayagirl2
    yayagirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look so amazing and strong!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You forgot the most important detail:

WHAT FLAVOR ICE CREAM????!!!!!!!!!

Mine: Chunky Monkey from Ben and Jerry's

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Top 5, well, 6, in no particular order:

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Ben & Jerrys Cinnamon Buns
    Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
    Haagen Dazs Cappuccino Gelato
    Salt & Straw the Elvis
    Jeni's Sweet Corn and Raspberry
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!