Blisters

Options
I bought new shoes this week and they are giving me blisters when I work out. I have five on one foot and six on the other. My blisters do not hurt to bad. I can just tell they are there. Should I switch shoes or keep working out in them till they are broken in? How should I treat the blisters? Should I stop walking till they bust and heal? Thanks for any information you can give me!

Replies

• sweetandsassy81
    Options
    I would go get fitted for a pair...using the same ones that dont fit will probably only make it worse...
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I agree with sweetandsassy...if you have a running store near you then they can match your feet up pretty damn close to perfect with a shoe that will work
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Do NOT bust open the blisters!!! This can lead to an infection. You can buy some zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) to dry out the blister area and cover with a bandage. If the area is already opened do not peel it, clean out well with hydrogen peroxide or other antiseptic, place antibiotics like neosporin on it, then cover with a bandage. If you are blistering with new shoes, then look for ones that fit correctly and in the mean time wearing two pairs of socks can decrease friction.

**Make sure to only use the above mentioned products if you are not allergic to them and if you have signs of an infection to see a doctor right away.