jean size to stones

Options
how much stones or pounds off until people started dropping jean sizes drop off only asking because the main reason i started to lose weight was to get into better clothes for my holiday was a 40/42w now lost 1.2 stone but still think my waist size its the same :( still got a other 3 months and 3 weeks until i fly out foh am 6.2feet

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I didn't really keep track of that aspect as I went along, since...well...I'm a guy who only buys clothes once I notice something extreme going on.

When I started in late August, I was in a 40 inch waist, and I had a bit of 'muffin top' even in those. I went to buy new pants about a month ago, and realized that anything bigger than a 36 fell right off of me, and now even the 36s I bought are showing some signs of being a little too big in the waist. That's from a roughly 40 lbs. weight loss.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    All depends where you lose it from first I guess and how tight your clothes were when you started. Be patient, it'll go.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    It varies from person to person and according to how much muscle you're losing vs fat.

Not sure how much it helps but I've lost 3.5kg (just under 8lb) and my waist has shrunk 2".
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    For me, I noticed with each stone, I lost 1" so that would make about 2 stone for each jean size. I started in April and waited until October before getting new jeans. By that time I had lost 7 stone (98 pounds). My old jeans were very baggy and went from 50" down to 44". Unfortunately, even the new jeans were too big by the following February and was already down to 38". I have been 32" for several months now after losing 14 stone (196 pounds).