Looking for fish taco recipes

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
I asked in the recipe swap group, but thought I'd ask here... Hoping for responses.

I tried fish tacos at The Cheesecake Factory & loved them. So now I want to make them.

What kinds of fish do you use?
How do you prepare it?
What seasonings do you use?
What fillings (e.g. avocado slices)?
Do you make your own salsa? If yes, how?

Please... Recipes wanted.

Replies

• Doberdawn
    Options
    Nobody?
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/baja-style-fish-tacos-recipe/index.html

This is a really good recipe for fish tacos. The baja sauce is delicious. The directions say to fry the fish, but I would suggest grilling it.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The key is the sauce! Here's a good one that I put on tilapia with shredded cabbage:

1 cup fat free sour cream
    1/2 c roasted red pepper slices
    Cilantro
    Lime zest and juice
    Chili powder
    Cumin

Blend ingredients in the blender (As much or as little as you like). It also makes a great dip for chips or veggies. Enjoy!
  • mklassy123
    Options
    My fish tacos are a bit boring, but I love them. I use any white fish (i.e. flounder or tilapia). I saute the fish in salsa, I like a hot salsa. When fully cooked I put the ingredients along with lettuce, black beans (or any bean you like) and other vegetables into a wrap. Fish tacos are one of those things that no matter what you add to it it's never wrong. I have leftover flounder from tonight so I am making fish tacos with it tomorrow night. I also have leftover steamed zucchini so that will be in the mix as well.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I use white fish or shrimp, cook them with green salsa and lime juice. I make a slaw with cabbage finely shredded that I make a vinegar and oil dressing for. I griddle corn tortillas and top them all with a little bit of low fat sour cream.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    I use white fish or shrimp, cook them with green salsa and lime juice. I make a slaw with cabbage finely shredded that I make a vinegar and oil dressing for. I griddle corn tortillas and top them all with a little bit of low fat sour cream.

Do you make your own or buy green salsa?
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    I bake any white fish at 350 for 20ish min. Seasoned with salt,pepper,garlic, and old bay. I make an apricot salsa by mixing apricot preserves, canned drained apricot, and raw diced tomatoes, peppers, and onion. Serve over jasmine rice. Yummmm.