Green smoothies?

Options
So i have heard a lot about this...even just smoothies in general, blending all sorts of fruits and veges together. I bought a blender today...granted i got a Ninja, cause i cant afford a Blendtec or Vitamix (sp?)...so that is a start. Any ideas or recipes anyone can share?

Replies

• cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    nobody? anybody? :(
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Their are LOTS of great recipes on here, just try searching "smoothies"... I'm sure you'll find LOADS of 'em :wink:
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The base of green smoothies are leafy greens so start with baby spinach because it's the mildest and the taste can be easily covered with fruit. I use 2 cups of spinach. Then you add whatever fruit sounds good. My staples are berries, pineapple, mango, orange, apples. Adding a banana will make your smoothie extra creamy and sweet. Calories and sugar can add up from fruit so I usually keep it to 2 servings. I like to add either Greek yogurt, almond milk, and/or protein powder to mine because I use my smoothies as a meal replacement, so I want some protein. Once you get used to the taste of greens you can start using kale, chard, arugula, different kinds of lettuce. It is recommended to alternate your greens if you drink green smoothies everyday, they contain alkaloids that can potentially be harmful if consumed in large quantities. You can also add more veggies, I tried cucumbers, carrots, beets, tomatoes, however I'm to a fan. I stick with leafy greens and fruit and eat my other veggies cooked or raw in salads.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I like,
    Spinach
    Gala apples
    Pears
    Splash of lemon juice
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My fav recipe for a Green Smoothie is