avoid catabolic protein loss

Options
How are you all losing weight and avoiding muscle loss?

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    LOTS of protein and weight training.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting, adequate protein
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

this
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I kept my protein intake at 60% of my macros when in a 900 calorie deficit, which helped, but a loss of LBM is pretty much unavoidable when a deficit is that strong.

Now, my deficit is less than 400 calories, and I've switched up to 40/30/30 p/f/c. Seems to be doing relatively well thus far, but I was (and still am) a tankass, so I have plenty of fat stores for my body to work with.

ETA: random fun fact, LBM is anything that isn't measurable bodyfat...which can include waste in your digestive tract, etc. Looking back at some of my logs, using 'conventional wisdom', I lost a pound or more of 'muscle' every time I crapped. ;)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

THIS ^^^
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I kept my protein intake at 60% of my macros when in a 900 calorie deficit, which helped, but a loss of LBM is pretty much unavoidable when a deficit is that strong.

Now, my deficit is less than 400 calories, and I've switched up to 40/30/30 p/f/c. Seems to be doing relatively well thus far, but I was (and still am) a tankass, so I have plenty of fat stores for my body to work with.

ETA: random fun fact, LBM is anything that isn't measurable bodyfat...which can include waste in your digestive tract, etc. Looking back at some of my logs, using 'conventional wisdom', I lost a pound or more of 'muscle' every time I crapped. ;)

but can you turn crap into muscle?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Only if you eat clean, develop a meth habit, and inject HGH directly into your gooch. 'Tis the holy trinity, ya' know?
  • ndj1979
    Options

Only if you eat clean, develop a meth habit, and inject HGH directly into your gooch. 'Tis the holy trinity, ya' know?

this has me dying laughing...LOL