Salad bar!!!

Options
UGH.....i am not sure how to log in the enormous salad i ate!!! i had shredded cheddar, broccoli, homemade ranch dressing...(two ladels lol) boiled egg whites, and lettuce....with tuna salad on the side.:sad:
:huh:

i probably ate 1000 calories in dressing!!!!:noway:

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty all the same. I've been craving a salad. =)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When I have meals out that you build yourself I have no idea how to log them either.....it's usually why there is meals in my food log that are empty I have no clue! I wish I knew the answer to this myself. I suppose we could just avoid having meals that you can't measure or do not have nutritional information provided. I wish I had a good answer for you. I do have to say it does sound yummy! :love:
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    teee hee!!!! thanks!! it WAS yummy!!!! sad how a salad could end up being horrific on the calories after cheese/dressing....:brokenheart:
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    What I would do is break the salad down to it's individual components, and log those along with an estimate to size and quantity.

Hope that helps! :smile:

And don't beat yourself up too badly over your salad--there are worse things you could have eaten.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I usually look through the database and pick something that sounds about right. When in doubt, I choose the one with the higher calories:laugh: Sounds like a delicious lunch!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I eat from the salad bar every day at work in the company cafeteria. I pretty much eat the same things in every salad so I just went and created a meal and estimates the quantities of each item. I also bring my own dressing that I know has 40 calories a serving, so that I'm not guessing about how much is in the mystery ranch dressing that they have (I'm pretty sure none of the dressing is light or low-calorie). I'd suggest just building it up into a meal to figure out what you actually ate.
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I have meals out that you build yourself I have no idea how to log them either.....it's usually why there is meals in my food log that are empty I have no clue! I wish I knew the answer to this myself. I suppose we could just avoid having meals that you can't measure or do not have nutritional information provided. I wish I had a good answer for you. I do have to say it does sound yummy! :love:

I just try to do the best I can by finding out the calories for each ingredient and going from there. who knows for sure if i am right or not but I figure it has to be close and at least it gives me a general idea!
  • coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    :drinker: cheers everyone!!! thanks for the replies!!! I'll try not to beat myself up over my salad!! hahaa...:glasses: i like the idea of just choosing the one with the most calories....

i decided to log an estimate of each item and 5 tablespoons of dressing!!! (i'm guessing!!!) NOT TOOO BAD...came to right around 500 with the little bit of tuna salad i had...yay!!!
    ZUMBA TONIGHT!!!!
    ugh..making homemade chicken/sausage/and shrimp gumbo....NOW THAT WILL BE MY Next challenge to log!!!

i like the idea of creating my own meal to log each time i eat the same one, too...i'll estimate my gumbo and enter it into the database!!!!