2 weeks healthy eating and gym with no progress...I QUIT!

Options
13»

Replies

• liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't nearly enough to start seeing progress. My trainer at the gym weighs me and does my measurements about once every 5 or 6 weeks. Give yourself a couple of months, get someone to show you how to do some of the basic exercises, and don't just depend on the scale. Do your measurements too, because sometimes your weight will not change but your shape will. Five pounds of fat weighs the same as five pounds of muscle--but it takes up a heck of a lot more space. Sometimes I've lost inches instead of pounds. So do your measurements too.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    bye

Wow....Are you trying to be an @sshole? Whats your deal bud?

I think that's a different type of motivation. The OP might have actually just been moved to go to the gym by it. It takes all types :flowerforyou:
  • DizzGunner86
    Options
    I'm 26 and 5'8. Mfp says I need15% protein which I get. 55 carbs and 30 fat. I'm over 30% fat but I stay with in my 1270 cals a day. I think I lost a little bit of weight but me in particular I can't see it. I'm afraid that ill lose weight but my gut will look the same. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm 190 lbs 26 yrs old 5'8 eating 1270 cals a day. Maybe a bit more when I wanna treat myself. I used to walk 7 miles a day at a 4 mph pace but I stopped bcuz I was unsure if I should eat those cals back
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight fast in 2 weeks there's some really good stuff on the streets called crystal meth. Go look for it and it's guaranteed to shed the pounds.
  • heneedsmylove33
    Options
    maybe you can ask someone that works at the gym which machines can you use to lose i would just google it, but i also have no clue so dont fully listen lol but idk i wud think that the bike and treadmil will help with burning calories but im not sure which other machines work for gaining muscle or whatever else they do sorry and i wish you luck, i am also a mom and know how frustrating it can be to be over weight and having to juggle kids and your self hang in there you might not see a change but it will show up, i have been doing things right and havent really seen anything on the scale different but i look thinnier and feel better i am also using ab cuts and thermogenic push
  • cocobuny
    cocobuny Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with the online quote i found a lot of great fitness videos online insanity, yoga, and hip hop dance workouts.i love it and i havent got board yet.plus i love how mfp tells u what your results will be if every day was the same what u would weigh in 5wks.side note mfp better be right about the timeline
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and 5'8. Mfp says I need15% protein which I get. 55 carbs and 30 fat. I'm over 30% fat but I stay with in my 1270 cals a day. I think I lost a little bit of weight but me in particular I can't see it. I'm afraid that ill lose weight but my gut will look the same. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm 190 lbs 26 yrs old 5'8 eating 1270 cals a day. Maybe a bit more when I wanna treat myself. I used to walk 7 miles a day at a 4 mph pace but I stopped bcuz I was unsure if I should eat those cals back

Honestly why don't you start your own thread? You can ask all the questions you want and will not derail the OP's topic.

In the meantime, read this. I also think your calorie goal is WAY too low.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello U most have a plan. Also u have to diet and workout according to your body shape & type. If you're extremely overweight start with cardio and plenty of it with some strength training and once some of the weight is off then u can focus on weights and machines
    As far as your diet find a plan that really work for you. Look up your body type and shape. This will give u an idea of what should be eating. I am a hour glass figure body shape curvy girl. So lean meats and vegetables work for me very little bad carbs or processed food not too many grains either, thats why low carb diet work for me (73lbs on 5 months ) alot of cardio & strength training. My body shape gains weight evenly. There are pears- gain weight in lower body small up top big bottom , apples - round shape gain weight in the stomach area, and celery - straight up.and down gains weight evenly body shapes..Types of body are mesomorphs, endomorphs & ectomorph. People fail at weight loss because we tend to do diets that are for other people find out what works for you and study get educated on that plan. I am low carb and I eat only about 1000-1200 calories a day I do not eat 5-6 small meals bevause I am not a.snacker I eat maybe 2-3 meals a day. I eat fat and have cheat days bi-weekly. Someone will say.that wont work ots not healthy but im in perfect health and its working for me I look 10 years younger and feel great. Find your plan & customize it foru. Just because someone else its 1800 calories a day doesn't mean u should.....U may need to eat 800-1000 a day for really obese patients some Dr
    take their patients that low for a few weeks. Experiment with a few plans. And be patient.
  • DizzGunner86
    Options
    Don't know how to start my own thread lol. But u helped out
  • BcoolNgreat
    BcoolNgreat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just be patient. Weight won't go down just like that. It takes a bit of time and happens slowly. One way of knowing whether you have lost a bit or not is to wear a size smaller dress/ trouser and see how far you can go. That's what I do and it does work. You are more concerned about your volume than actually, the weight. Don't lose hope. You'll get there.
  • BcoolNgreat
    BcoolNgreat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a single parent of a 1 year old and a 5 year old. I pack lots of fruits and snacks each morning so can head directly to the gym with the kids and not have any excuse to stop for fast food or go home. I go to the gym and play eenie, meenie, mynie, moe each day because I have no clue what machines to do. 2 weeks and no progress whatsoever. I went to GNC and saw the total lean 25 meal replacement shakes. Will that help? What can I do? What exercises should I do? I've never had a problem losing weight in the past even without a lot of working out, what's going on?
  • Drkashmere
    Drkashmere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Thank you all so much! I got up and grilled some fish and turkey patties for the week and steamed some broccoli. I did a short workout and I'm off to bed. You all rock! Even the guy who told me bye. Lol! I appreciate the encouragement.
  • Drkashmere
    Drkashmere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same your money. Unless you are using the shakes to meet your macros...not going to be worth it. Weight loss is eating at a caloric deficit. I'm not sure what your calorie goal is set to you, but If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Or for a different version to figure out your TDEE, as well as some great advice...check out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844040-raspberry-ketones-for-the-rest-of-us

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group: (Read all the stickies. It's great information to know.)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/865230-resources-and-references

^The group above is also a great place to learn more in regards to exercises. I would suggest including weight training into your exercise regiment.

Also - don't rely on the scale so much. Rely more on measurements. The scale can fluctuate and not be very reliable. I've stayed the same weight since Sept - around 178-180lbs..but I've gone from a size 18 to a size 14.

Great information! Thanks.
  • pjrbs
    pjrbs Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Thank you all so much! I got up and grilled some fish and turkey patties for the week and steamed some broccoli. I did a short workout and I'm off to bed. You all rock! Even the guy who told me bye. Lol! I appreciate the encouragement.

Glad you are feeling more positive. Good luck!