How often for weighing in?

Options
How often do you weigh in? I've heard of some people doing it the same time every week and other the same time every day. I even knew of a woman who weighed herself once a month.

How often do you recommend weighing in and why?

Feel free to add me if you like!

Replies

• ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Once a week, if i do it everyday or once a month i'd go crazy. :tongue:
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Totally a personal choice. I weigh in everyday, right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. Some people find weighing every day makes them crazy. For me it keeps me on track everyday. If I don't I tend to think I'm thinner than I am.. its whatever works for you withouth making you obsessed. I've heard of people weighing before/after eating and going to the bathroom every time. That's a little excessive, but hey, whatever works.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Find out whatever is best for you. Some people who weigh everyday then get discouraged if the scale goes up a bit on the next day (this happens naturally, it is normal), others cannot go a day without measuring in the morning. There really is no rule but don't step on it every day if you tend to obsess over stuff. :)
  • joshrocker
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday in the morning. I don't take the day to day results to serious but do it more as a way to ensure I'm keeping on track. I have bad eating habits that I'm trying to break and want to make sure I stay headed down a good path. If the scale moves up for a few days then it's a reminder I need to correct things.
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Once a day but only track the results every 7 days. Doing it daily usually helps me from getting too far away from the wagon so I don't get a bad surprise at the end of the week.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every morning (not getting too excited about normal fluctuations) and evaluate my progress once a week. Weighing every day keeps me on track; I lose determination and focus if I'm not faced with that reality every day.

Do what suits your personality and needs.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I wake up (sort of keeps me on track), but I only record my weight once a week.
  • Dianescraps
    Options
    I hate the scale - at most I weight in twice a month. I don't want to stress over normal flucuations.

I don't even have a scale at the house, only at the gym.