Do you stick with the same intake every day?

Options
I am set at 1,710 intake cals a day, and I am losing, do I ever need to change anything, or stay at this 1,710 cals until my ideal weight is reached? I am always UNDER this..300-400 cals under..some times I get the message in starvation mode..but that is not often,..maybe once a week.

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If what you're doing is working and isn't damaging you, why change it? At some point you might plateatue or stall out, and then you might have to look at increasing/'decreasing calories or shaking up exercise. But for now? Carry on with your awesome self.
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing as long as it keeps working. But later on down the road when you are at a lower weight your smaller body will need less calories to function. You might plateau and you may need to decrease calories or increase your exercise.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Stick as you are. Tweak it as your goals change or it stops working!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    The MFP calorie counter is designed such that should eat back your exercise calories. Many people on here use other calculators to set a custom TDEE for themselves that they use consistently and do not eat back their exercise calories. I like MFP's approach because it allows me to eat more on heavy cardio days and I enjoy earning myself some beers.
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you, very helpful information!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The MFP calorie counter is designed such that should eat back your exercise calories. Many people on here use other calculators to set a custom TDEE for themselves that they use consistently and do not eat back their exercise calories. I like MFP's approach because it allows me to eat more on heavy cardio days and I enjoy earning myself some beers.

I use my extras for beers too!! :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am currently at 1200 calories a day, I just started 30 DS and I feel that I need to boost my calorie intake because it seems I am not losing anymore. At a stand still.. I still need to lose around 23 lbs. I do know that I am losing inches but it would be nice if the scale would show this too!
  • Jamie430
    Jamie430 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am set at 1,710 intake cals a day, and I am losing, do I ever need to change anything, or stay at this 1,710 cals until my ideal weight is reached? I am always UNDER this..300-400 cals under..some times I get the message in starvation mode..but that is not often,..maybe once a week.

I have noticed that as I lose weight, my calories here on My Fitness Pall automatically adjust. I first started at 1680. I have lost 16.6 lbs now and it has lowered a few times. I'm to 1600 now. It's a gradual change, but it does adjust :)
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    As you update your weight myfitnesspal will recommend a different calorie intake and ask if you want to recalculate. I always do and just go with that. Good luck!