Aggravated...(LONG)

Options

Replies

• SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Future woman beater...run don't walk...away!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    It will only get worse...get out now.
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    (to the OP)

you are young so i'm assuming the guy is too. i get the sense he likes you a lot. probably more than you like him. he's probably got a big crush on you and doesn't know how to say it, but i'd imagine it was killing him to think that you were out last night with somebody else and that's why he was acting nutty with the texting. he does have insecurity issues and that's why he left that message on your machine. he's really asking you for some sort of confirmation that you're not interested in anyone else.

i think everyone on here past a certain age can remember how teenage crushes felt at the time. it doesn't mean he's nutty. it just means he's a teenager. that's my assumption since the OP is 18 years old.

^^^ This ^^^
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Options
    RED FLAG! Run as fast as you can!

T H I S ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

What? Don't you think that's kind of a leap?
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Controlling, possessive behavior doesn't have an age limit, so him being a teen doesn't change my answer. Violence in teen couples in staggeringly common. Not saying he's definitely an abuser, but since OP already feels uneasy and at the end of her rope I think she should cut him loose before it gets worse.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm telling you right now, this is a red flag for me. No word of a lie, I experienced something very similar to this about two years ago, and then guy asked me to marry him when I'd known him a week... and couldn't understand why I said no??? Not saying all guys are like this, but clinginess freaks me out.
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options

What? Don't you think that's kind of a leap?

Being possessive and demanding to know where someone is at all times are early warning signs of abuse. Does it mean this guy is definitely an abuser? No, of course not. But since OP is put off by his behavior she shouldn't put up with it
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you've never met him in person, and all you've done is talk on the phone and text, then I think his messages are immature and inappropriate. I would look elsewhere but if you want to try talking to him about how you percieve his comments and then decide based on what he says and does, that's ok too. Just be calm and honest when you speak to him...don't do it by texting. You are 100% correct that you do not owe him an explanation of your whereabouts or plans....you are not in a committed relationship.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Wow. I'm glad to see that no one is jumping to conclusions.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Back before cell phones, texts, email, it was a lot harder for someone to constantly electronically pester this way.. Ah, I miss the good old days!

To the OP... Just tell him flat out that your life does not revolve around him and you do not have to answer to him. If he doesn't get it, walk away.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Major red flag with flashing lights and alarm sirens. AVOID.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    This guy is a control freak. GET OUT NOW. Your life may depend on it.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Here's my guess:

"He's" actually a girl.

Have you ever met "him"?
    I was just about to say that he sounds like my girl friends. I tell people like this up front... if I don't reply to your text or answer my cell asap thats because 1, i'm probably busy with my family, 2. I am probably driving or 3. I actually have a life. People like that shouldn't use technology period. They think because its "instant" messaging to someone that you should respond instantly. Tell the guy listen I have a life. I nap, I sleep at night, I hang out with my friends, I might even be driving or in the shower etc. He needs to get a grip or take something for anxiety because wow!
  • roderick_stacey
    roderick_stacey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am almost 50 so take some advice from someone with a little wisdom.....ITS A RED FLAG
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Controlling, possessive behavior doesn't have an age limit, so him being a teen doesn't change my answer. Violence in teen couples in staggeringly common. Not saying he's definitely an abuser, but since OP already feels uneasy and at the end of her rope I think she should cut him loose before it gets worse.

I have to agree with this as well. I've seen my daughter in a couple of situations like this and I've told her run!! She didn't listen and of course it went bad fast. Even her teenage guy friends tend to do this. Wonder what they would have done back in my day when we didn't even have answering machines? Oh i know....they showed up at my door step and my dad gave them a dirty look and a stern talking to. My dad was the best when it came to dealing with jerks.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    My advice: slowly back up, turn around and run like its the zombie apocalypse. This story has all the ingredients for a crash landing.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Red flag!!
    Jealous, possessive control freak.
    DUMP HIM NOW

Oh, don't worry. We're not dating. Getting to know eachother.

Just break up*

Used with permission c2013
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

well, that does count as exercise doesn't it? the jumping part, i mean.

:laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Options

well, that does count as exercise doesn't it? the jumping part, i mean.

:laugh:

I suppose. I hope they all log it.