Have switched to Fitness Pal today

Options
I have just started logging in my meals and snacks for today and am loving this site already. I have been working on improving my fitness since November 1st of 2009 and have gone through the entire Power 90 program and I am currently on Day 60 or so of the Classic P90X program. I started at 185 lbs. and currently weigh 160. I have lost 5 inches off my waist as well and have dramatically reduced by body fat.

I am in a maintenance mode at this time as 160 lbs. works well for me (being 6' 1"). I would welcome any and all suggestions from those who have been around this site for a while as to how to get the most out of the site. I love the app for iPhone and have downloaded it already.

Hopefully this site will keep me headed in the right direction.

GRH826

Replies

• GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too but love the site & all the people. They're so motivating! Congratulations on your accomplishments & good luck with continueing the P90X program. I've seen a lot of people working on that so you'll find a lot of topics.
  • AliceGMomof2
    Options
    HELLO! I am new here and am very excited! I need to shed some excess (thats what I like to call it, then it doesn't seem so daunting) due to pre-diabetes. I have always thought I was healthy and such but the numbers don't lie so here I am! I hope I can remember to put in my food and exercise instead of taking it for granted!
    I am a mom of 2, girl and boy, age 15 and 10, married to a wonderful man and really want to see what the future has in store for all of us!
    Wish me luck and happy to be here!
  • N1913
    N1913 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello...I am new as well and absolutely love the site. I log everything and I get so excited when the food I eat or the restaurants I go to has the food already loaded in. It truly has helped me stay on track. I started two weeks ago and pretty much losing what it said I would, by following my eating and exercise goals.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and the beginning of a healthy lifestyle.
    I have a link on my signature that has some suggestions for developing a healthy lifestyle.

I wish you all the success in the world, and look forward to hearing your success stories!!!
  • dieken
    dieken Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,
    Downloaded this app on my iphone and now on my computer. I'm only on my third day, but just counting the calories is...well..eye opening how much a little of this and a little of that add up in calories....The accountability helps stay on track too.
    Good luck to all on this program.
    Have a great day!

Bobby