yogurt..

missourichick
missourichick Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I LOVE yogurt. lol.

Lately I've been eating yoplait light - I love the key lime pie and very vanilla.

What kind do you guys eat? Whats low in calories??

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Greek yogurt is the best! It has 2-3 times the protein and lots less sugar. It's thicker than regular yogurt so that puts some people off. It's great with a little honey or jam.
  • Dannon Light and Fit is all I ever eat. (Except for Walmart just started selling it under their "great value" name so I eat that, too.) The lowest calorie yogurt I've found and I think it tastes great! I don't know why anyone would want to use 120+ calories on a 4oz yogurt when you could have 6oz for 80 cals.
  • I've also heard great things about greek yogurt. I have been eating Yoplait Source yogurt as it only has 35 calories per 100 grams and is aspartame free. I also like to buy the big containers and stick them in the freezer, then when I get a ice cream craving I can eat super low cal frozen yogurt instead!
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    I like plain yoghurt - Greek or Danonn Activia. Fruit yoghurts are two sweet and have too many additives...
  • Heather_023
    Heather_023 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm a fan of Yoplait Source too, I picked up a 'case' of it that I hadn't seen before last week with flavors that included goji berries, papaya, pomegranate... Mmm, they were really good!
  • fit4kim
    fit4kim Posts: 15 Member
    I eat Fage which is a Greek strained yogurt. Pronounced: Fa-yeh....in one cup (which i eat 1/2 cup at a time)...but in 1 cup there are only 120 calories....0 fat....85mg sodium....9g carbs...9g sugars....20g protein....25% calcium. I will make 1/2 top it with like 1/8cup dried cranberries and 1/8 toasted almonds...yum...fantastic snack after a workout or whenever. :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I do the Fage too, and I have a trick...I sprinkle a little bit of the Jello s/f f/f dry pudding mix, adds only about 10 calories and you can make your yogurt into pudding...I love the lemon kind, its like a lemon mousse. :)
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Fage total, Vosko's full fat, or Stonyfield cream top with a bit of cinnamon, vanilla, and fruit.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I really like Chobani greek style yogurt. It has double the protein of regular yogurts...and has more active cultures than all the other greek yogurts (5 vs 2).
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    I actually like plain yogurt with strawberries. Lately though I've been eating Dannon Light and Fit vanilla. I also tried the Oikos greek yogurt and it was delicious! Although too expensive for my tastes.
  • I also like the yoplait lights b/c of all the different flavors. I'll have to try the dannon fit ones...less calories is always good!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    It's all about the Tillamook yogurt at my house. I'm not sure what's different, but other brands that I've tried seem to give me heartburn.

Marionberry, Raspberry and Northwest Berry Patch. YUM.
This discussion has been closed.