Need a suggestions for a Vanilla Whey protein?

Options
Hey peeps! I'm currently using Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard in Double Rich Chocolate and it's great, but I'm going to start making smoothies and I don't want to add chocolate to them. I looked into the ON vanilla ice cream flavor, but the reviews regarding the taste weren't so good. I need some suggestions on a great tasting, low cal/low carb high protein vanilla flavored whey protein? Any help is much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    I use plain old Designer Whey Vanilla... I like it fine. It's not high carb, only 2 g of sugar as it's sweetened with stevia.
  • wannabf1t
    wannabf1t Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had it and i liked it. I also like the Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Vanilla. It doesn't have any artificial flavors or sweeters. It is great for fruit smoothies. No after taste.
  • scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I use:

Six Star Pro Nutrition - Professional Strength Elite Series-100% Whey Protein Powder - Vanilla Cream

I like the taste and texture, and it stirs a bit better than others that I've tried.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile:
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    yeah, ON vanilla is bad. I find that a lot of vanilla flavors from various companies are actually some sore of "vanilla cream" which gives it a wacky vanilla flavor.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix has Simply Vanilla or Creamy Vanilla and they both taste great! They also have Syntrax Nectar Vanilla Torte which is also tasty - I usually mix half vanilla with whatever other flavor I'm drinking. Depends on what you are using it for.

Matrix has slow (casein), medium (egg) and fast (whey) acting proteins for before/after workout AND as a meal replacement
    Nectar has fast acting (whey) protein for just the before/after workout
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Thanks I looked into Syntrax Matrix and the overall reviews are pretty good, plus I see lots of compliments on the taste :drinker: