ijust dont get it..i cant lose weight

I just cannot lose weight...i used to weigh 100 lb..i had the hardest time ever gaining weight..yes i was one of those eat whatever and dont gain a lb..i even had trouble gaining weight while i was pregnant...not that i didnt eat..i ate everything..i left the hospital in my old jeans size 00. it wasnt until about 1 year after i had my daughter..literally out of nowhere i gained weight..like 50 lbs in about 7 months...now i was eating and doing the same as before.. starting just over a month ago..i started dieting and exercising. I have reduced my cal intake to between 1200-1350 and exercise everyday ..atleast 30 min a day...and 3-4 days atleast an hour..cardio..kickboxing..zumba..i have lost only 4 lbs. since i started...i dont get it..i use 1.5 lb weights for each hand..i am going to start a zumba class this week once a week and will continue to do zumba at home everyday. anyone have any ideas or tips? i long suspected a thyroid problem..and still do..although my doc believes the levels are normal..even though they slowed down alot. so .. any ideas...something that works oh and i gave up chocolate for lent! soooo...yay...SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    ijust dont get it..i cant lose weight
    starting just over a month ago..i started dieting and exercising
    i have lost only 4 lbs. since i started...i dont get it
    i long suspected a thyroid problem..and still do..although my doc believes the levels are normal..

Sorry, I had to
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    4 lbs in a month is pretty good. It takes time.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    You started a month ago and have lost four pounds, which is about a pound a week. That is a completely healthy and recommended rate of weight loss. Unfortunately, normal weight loss isn't like we see on The Biggest Loser. It's slower and more challenging. The fact that you are losing about a pound a week is great and something you should be proud of.

That said, the fact that you had a sudden and rapid weight gain could suggest an issue. You could always go to another doctor for a second opinion on thyroid or other potential problems.
  • jjennetten1790
    jjennetten1790 Posts: 21 Member
    Thank u...ya I guess I am just second guessing myself...start zumba class Friday...this should help keep me motivated
  • jjennetten1790
    jjennetten1790 Posts: 21 Member
    I kno I don't think when I type...I guess I assumed having a twobyear old and chasing her all day was exercise before I started...I should say I started jan 1... so it been almost 2 months...and lost 4-5 lbs.I just wish I had my body back...before last yr started...