comfort bike or hybrid

Options
Hubby and I looking to ride for exercise. Mainly improved trail and pavement. Looking for good advice on bike recommendations. Will ride locally as well as travel to state parks etc... BTW we live in Texas.

Replies

• kmc979
    kmc979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I went planning on getting a hybrid and ended up with a comfort bike. I got the trek navigator. Go to a real bike shop and tell them exactly what your expectations are and where you will ride. Don't go to a big box sporting goods store, go to a bike shop, they are experts. Even if you cannot afford the bikes in the bike shop, at least you will be able to get a good idea of which direction you should go in.
    btw, I only do trail riding, i was hit by a car while riding a bike when i was in college and refuse to ride on the road again. it took me over 10 years to even get back on a bike again.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a local shop, or REI/Performance if you must(they have an uncompromisingly awesome return policy).

Ride both, try them and not just in the parking lot. You will need to buy one and ride it for a week. If it isn't right, you can bring it back and try again.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the comfort bike I was just concerned if it is flexible enough for trail riding. And I will definitely be purchasing from a local cycle shop.