I give up

Options
2»

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am on effexor and lamictal and have lost weight. Give it some time for your body to stabilize and get on right dosage. I feel sooooo much better mentally. Keep with it and if you fall off the wagon, get back on. This is not a one week, one month thing. Keep up the good work and be glad you had the courage to get on meds. It took me a long time to admit I had a problem!!!
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    I never fell off the wagon though ,.,
  • BorderlineAngel
    Options
    Ps so what? All meds are different
  • TLTucker80
    TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! Maybe if you've just started the new med, your body is freaking out a bit, but may adjust after you are on the meds a while. If you've been on the meds for a while, maybe you could talk with your doctor about an alternative med or treatment. If you're willing to share which med is doing this to you, I'm sure someone in the MFP community has been there/done that and could offer you some advice! Hang in there!
    Seroquel and cymbalta

Mine is Seroquel, Lexapro, and Elavil. I have gained 85 pounds while the doctor was trying to get my doses right. When he got it right he helped me start a diet plan. I started it on Jan. 4th weighting 255 pounds and the last timed I weighed was 2 weeks ago and I weighed 239 pounds I go back to the doctor today and he will weigh me today.