Weight loss after a break up

Options
2»

Replies

• peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I exercised a few hours a day and made a bunch of new friends. it worked. :)
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    put all your focus/energy into Y.O.U
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The best revenge and way to move forward is to reassess your life. What were/are your weak areas? If you see any, then spend this time working on them, fulfilling yourself. After reading some of your goals, now would be the time to dedicate yourself to those goals and make it happen.

I have similar goals myself, its kinda eery.

You can do it man. Use it for fuel, the pain, even emotional variety, will be temporary and when you reach your goals, you shall be vindicated.

And then, pick up a new babe.

All you have to do is want it.

Then take that first crucial step and keep moving.

No retreat, no surrender.

THIS! Trust me I've been there too.. but it was 4 years together and a baby.. I can't wait to rock a bikini. the "look what you're missing out on" is GREAT motivation. You got this man!! keep your chin up :)
  • Gitn_Fit
    Gitn_Fit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Focus on you and being the best you that you can be. Also I walked my *kitten* off just to get out frustration. Also I would lose myself in my thoughts while I was working out so then the work out time just flew by without realizing it! Try new things, do stuff you always wanted to do.
    Give yourself time to grieve and take care of you emotionally. Rely on your friends! Keep yourself busy.

You really will regret it if you allow yourself to get off track and gain weight. If you are really feeling the "I don't wanna's" or craving that big juicy fatty, carby, sweet thing (whatever your weakness is) try to ask yourself why first - is it to stuff the emotions down/avoid them?

Exercising and pushing yourself will elevate your mood and help to keep depression away as well as giving you that self-pride.

I'm sorry you are going through this, I know how much it can suck :/ But you can do it!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The best revenge and way to move forward is to reassess your life. What were/are your weak areas? If you see any, then spend this time working on them, fulfilling yourself. After reading some of your goals, now would be the time to dedicate yourself to those goals and make it happen.

I have similar goals myself, its kinda eery.

You can do it man. Use it for fuel, the pain, even emotional variety, will be temporary and when you reach your goals, you shall be vindicated.

And then, pick up a new babe.

All you have to do is want it.

Then take that first crucial step and keep moving.

No retreat, no surrender.

This is pretty much all you need. Also go to a site called lovesagame.com and click on breakup recovery. His advice is awesome. Trust me. I went through a bad break up. My ex-fiancee called off the wedding only a month before. That combined with other personal stuff in my life made it into the worst months of my life. Of course, with his advice I survived and eventually found the next girl. At the end, the only thing you need to focus on is YOU. YOUR HAPPINESS only depends on one person, YOU. Not a girl or a guy(in the case of the ladies). It's YOU.