Yuck

Options
So today sucked you might as well say. I had an allergy test done and found out I'm pretty allergic to my two dogs. (All dogs and cats) and have silent reflux disease. So no pizza, ice cream, pop, chili, donuts, alcohol, and french fries. :cry: I know what you are going to say and I do agree with you, not eating those are good for this new lifestyle. It is. (I have done this since Jan.) But I still like them, and have been good about not eating them a lot. But telling me I shouldn't have it, makes me want them more. So what did I do....I had pizza, a margarita and ice cream. :indifferent:

Not going to give up the dogs though.:noway: I can't give up my "kids". I did get 4 different kinds of meds though. Although, I may have to have them not sleep with me any more. That is something I think I can handle.

Also in general things that past week has not been good for dieting wise. I gained 4 pounds within the week and a half. At least that is what my scale is saying. I'm also in school and have been studying for a midterm, can't wait till that is all over. Can't wait till the whole sememster is over. :ohwell:

Anyhoo, thanks so much for reading and listening. Tomorrow will be a new day. :smile: :smile:

Replies

• trishara
    trishara Posts: 91
    Options
    So today sucked you might as well say. I had an allergy test done and found out I'm pretty allergic to my two dogs. (All dogs and cats) and have silent reflux disease. So no pizza, ice cream, pop, chili, donuts, alcohol, and french fries. :cry: I know what you are going to say and I do agree with you, not eating those are good for this new lifestyle. It is. (I have done this since Jan.) But I still like them, and have been good about not eating them a lot. But telling me I shouldn't have it, makes me want them more. So what did I do....I had pizza, a margarita and ice cream. :indifferent:

Not going to give up the dogs though.:noway: I can't give up my "kids". I did get 4 different kinds of meds though. Although, I may have to have them not sleep with me any more. That is something I think I can handle.

Also in general things that past week has not been good for dieting wise. I gained 4 pounds within the week and a half. At least that is what my scale is saying. I'm also in school and have been studying for a midterm, can't wait till that is all over. Can't wait till the whole sememster is over. :ohwell:

Anyhoo, thanks so much for reading and listening. Tomorrow will be a new day. :smile: :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I hear you about the allergy stuff. Right now my two year old is on a diet to find out what he's allergic to. Right now I'm thinking it's bananas since he just had one and he's throwing the biggest fit he's thrown in two weeks! People have asked me if he could be allergic to the cat. Well, he could be, but I really don't want to get rid of her. She's my 15 year old "baby", so I understand about your dogs too. I am sort of going on this diet with my son too except I will be cheating tomorrow night when my hubby takes me out. This is day one and I have been craving gum and anything that I normally eat. Everything sounds good when all you can have are oats, rice, most fruits, most veggies, chicken and beef. It will make me eat healthier though. And I'll tell you what. That banana I had tasted SO good. Seemed to help with my sweet tooth. So hang in there. Allergies change so maybe if you get tested again in a few months you won't have the same ones.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I take a shot every year for allergies, love my cats, besides when it's time for everyone to bail hay around here I really feel it.:ohwell: The shot helps a lot....I'm lucky that I'm not allergic to any foods...my oldest daughter is allergic to oranges, found that when she was young, and sea food. There are so many things in Pizza, that if you could pin point it down to what the food in pizza effects you, you may be able to work around it.
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    Be very careful with your Allergies. A friend of mine came within minutes of losing his life because his wife refused to give up a Cat! Needless to say, the Cat is history!!