Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First day - not great but not my worst!

littlecompton
littlecompton Posts: 82
Okay this is the end of my first day. (It's 6:43 pm but I don't intend to eat, or exercise any more today!)

I went over on my goal calories and carbs. Although I am a little disgusted with myself, I have to say that the food tracker is a wonderful tool. It showed me the truth about how I'm eating. Because I was truthful, I got to see just how many snacks I really do eat in a day. And, more fat in foods than is ideal. My exercise needs to increase big time as well.

I hope that this site helps me to see the real deal so I can change it, and I also hope to find some great support here -- and offer support to others as well.

I wish you all success but most of all self-respect!

Kim:wink:

Replies

• MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Lol don't worry it's really hard at first. Even for me but you get used to it really quick. You just have to get in the hang of things. It only took me less than a week lol, now it's an obsession.
  • Thanks so much for the support, I really need it! I'm excited to see what tomorrow will bring. Good luck to you!

Kim
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    The tracker is definitely an amazing tool. I used this site a while ago, lost a bunch of weight, and then stopped because i thought i was okay without it, but then i gained the weight all back again. Its just amazing to see how many calories everything has and how much you ACTUALLY eat in a day without even realizing it. Keep at it! It really works!
    and dont give up if you have a bad day or a bad meal, or even a bad snack....just tell yourself the next snack/meal/day will be better and keep moving forward!!
    Best of luck!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    The food tracker is a big reality check and the best way to keep yourself real. I hope you will find everyone here as friendly and as helpful as I have. Good Luck and Welcome!
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    First off, I was LMA ROF at your screen name, love it! Second, YEAH, you did a full day and now you know. This is a journey and a struggle and you can do it!!! I just decided to add sugars into my tracker and man oh man I consume way too much of those which I have found in my coffee creamers and salad dressings. We are all here for each other so welcome and do your best! You got this!! Also remember, there are 21 main meals in a week, so you did not make the best choices on three of those meals but you still have 18 more meals to get back on track. We all fall off the wagon, its what we do with it once we fall. Dust your self on and hop back on, I am saving you a seat!
  • Have to agree that I love the name too. : )
    I was just logging in the rest of my exercise too and am still over. Upset still but need to keep in mind that I usually am double or over double the intake that I should have.
  • Well if I spent more time on message boards and less time in the fridge I would understand how to post and reply better so I hope the folks who responded to me actually get this! First of all, thanks for the response. I feel like I just made my first MFP friends. That means alot to me.

As for the name....I'm glad you like it because I earned it. Let's go back in time, to a family wedding shall we? Fancy place, beautiful little chairs for dainty little butts. Me, thinking I looked pretty good for a big girl. (All in black of course). Now here comes my adorable son to hang on the back of my chair. Well, all evening Mama had been balancing precariously upon that chair like an elephant on a tooth pick. All it took was a little touch (or perhaps someone nearby sighed) and suddenly that chair broke apart like a table in an old western bar fight. Mama hit the floor. People gasped. Family and staff ran over. Can you picture it?

I was fine. (No injuries due to excessive padding.) I still shake my head in wonder though and have to laugh. Out of all the chairs I have sat on in all my life, all the chairs that have looked up in horror as my rear end approached, none chose to betray me until I was surrounded by beautiful people at a family wedding. Go figure.

Keep working hard, and please keep sharing. This site is going to be great, I can tell.

Kim
This discussion has been closed.