Once a day or spead it out?

Options
Want to know if there is any difference in spreading out excercise routines during the day? I am looking to burn 300-600 cals daily. I have time available early mornings and at night. So, should I work out long in the morning or split it into 2 sessions, morning and night? Will it make a difference? Im thinking if I knock it all out in the morning it would supercharge my day, but I also think speading it out might increase my metabolism thruought the day and give me something to do at night beside eat. Any thoughts?

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I spread my excercise over the day!

burning cals is burning cals thats my opinion though!
  • ericaquin
    ericaquin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would spread it out. I see that you have young children so if you are like me mornings are stressful so I would maybe do 15-20 minutes in the morning of whatever and then finish the rest at night. I am a SAHM so I do my hard workouts during nap time and then when all kids are asleep my husband and I take a turn on our elliptical in front of the tv so we can catch up on shows. I have even popped in a dvd workout in my laptop and do a workout while watching tv at night as well. Keep up the GREAT work!
  • GRANDEOSO
    Options
    I've been doing the split early morning and evening for about two weeks and have lost 4 pounds. I would suggest cardio both times yet included weight training to pump up the burnin stove (metabolism) If you wanted a suggestion lol. Make sure you get your rest and water in. COOL BEANS!!!!!!!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Lately I've been doing one workout before I go to class and one later at night and it's fantastic! I find that if I do it all at once I get bored because it's such a long time. I do two 25 minute circuits and burn 550 calories! :D
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I split mine because I dont have that much time all at once. I do cardio in the morning and weights at night.
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Spread it out to coincide with times that you take in the most energy utilizing the burn to the best of its ability.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Do whatever works for you. Sometimes I do it all at once. Sometimes I split it up. The important thing is to do it.