Losing my Drive

Options
Hey everyone. I'm losing my drive.

This could be considered a good thing. I weigh myself everyday, but mainly now it's just out of curiosity. I used to freak over the number and took great care to examine my food and eat as little as possible. Seriously, there'd be days where I'd only eat a can of tuna, no mayo, with an apple. ALL DAY.
I was - am still am - thinking I had/have an eating disorder by how strict and disciplined I made myself on this site. I told my bf, and he agreed, and we kind of had a fight indirectly about the possibility of an eating disorder, and that was two weeks ago. Since then, I've lost all drive to workout. I've increased my net cals to 1200 because I couldn't be assed to work within a net goal of 800 (before the hate flows in, it's a NET cal goal. Meaning I worked out tonnes and barely ate my exercise cals back. Also, I don't want your opinion on my cal goals, so please keep your trolling selves to yourselves). Now I'm here having gone for a jog I whined all the way through, and ate 1300 cals. You might think this isn't much at all and whoop-di-doo you eat 1700 cals and lose weight well I don't, I've tried and I didn't lose for a month and a half and that's not what I want to talk about (throwing that in there for all you people who might fling fire at me- I know this is the Internet at all... But let's stay focused, shall we?)

Now, how do I gain back my drive and motivation? Not saying that I want to keep going how I was going, or revert to my "maybe I have an eating disorder" phase but really it sucks being lazy. I don't want to be lazy :( If I gain a pound, I seriously face the scale and audibly go "Meh." I don't workout an extra mile or go an extra set... I don't change anything. How can I take this weight loss journey seriously again? How do I motivate myself?

Edited to work around censors :(

Replies

• FlannelMothman
    FlannelMothman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Bump, I guess.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My questions is.... what do YOU want?

If YOU want it... go get it!

Find motivation.... I can't light the fire under your @$$ for ya.....

Got a smaller pair of pants to hang in plain view? A swim suit?

How about a new goal. I am doing the 30 day shred in Feb. I HATE IT but I'm almost done.

It's plain and simple for me... I feel better when I'm active. And I want to be healthy.
    it's taking me a long time to get there... but if I fall off the wagon, I THROW myself back on.
    It's gotta be personal for you! How about not looking at the scale... but try a smaller size of
    pants on each week to see if theres' a change?
  • tomg33
    tomg33 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    People will comment on your methods because they know that the best motivation is success. Success breeds motivation and when you see results in any endeavour, you will continue to do it.

It already looks like you've passed the pain period where beginners put in so much effort and see little or no results and give up before the methods have had time to work, so my suggestion would be to be kinder on yourself. Gently remind yourself that this is a fairly long, slow process but with consistent, smart effort you will see the results you want.

Is it possible your standards are slipping? You mentioned saying "meh" and that says to me that you're giving up on yourself. It doesn't matter what others think, not even your boyfriend really. It matters what you think about yourself and what kind of person you want to be.

If you aren't happy with the way you look and feel, then just keep at it. Six months or a year from now you'll mostly likely still be on this Earth, and depending on what you choose to do now you can either be closer to your goals or further away. It's your choice.