Gained 6 lbs in ONE day!!?? why.....

Options
2»

Replies

• carriepicone
    carriepicone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you getting your period? That happened to me right before I was getting my period, don't worry it will come off !!!!
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm still new to all this eating back calories and all but so far I've been losing 1lb a week and one time 2lbs. I also do cheat days (weekends) which is one reason why I never weigh myself on the Monday. I would gain 3 to 5 lbs of water weight and it would take a day or two to go back to the weight I was the past week and when I do weigh myself on Saturday morning (after workout) I've lost an extra lb. So with cheat days or meals you'll see the numbers go up but because its just water weight it'll quickly come off once you go back to your eating plans..at least that's what's happening to me at the moment. As for mfp setting your calories so high after exercise. When I did the setting I made sure that I set my activity level at stationery hence I get low calories on non exercise days but when I do workout, I eat back my exercise calories...not all but some or more when I'm hungry and so far it hasn't affected my 1lb loss per week. I'll keep at this for now and see if my loss will continue to be gradual but so far so good.
  • aliciabeatty
    aliciabeatty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Put the scale away. Have 1 weigh in day a week. You are going to drive yourself insane if you're weighing in more then once a day! Like everyone else has said unless you consumed 21000 calories in one day (which you didn't) then it's simply water weight combined with the fact that it's night time! You always weight more at night because you've eaten during the day. Do some research. Becoming educated along the way about certain foods or even the basics of becoming fit will really help you!
  • daisygettinghealthy
    Options
    Hi, one pound gain = 3500 calories more than your daily allowance. so their is no way you could have gained that through eating. I gained five pounds in 12 days and I realise how much easier it is to put on rather than lose it. could you explain what your cheat days are? do you eat a few unhealthy things or just more or healthy things so more cals.??
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Agree with others, water retention. Set a day to weigh and try to stick with it. You could also take your measurements and/or take "before" pics to compare.

As far as the calories - remember that you are eating to FUEL your body. Not eating enough can hinder you just as eating too much can.

Good luck!
  • Biffa92
    Biffa92 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep, agree with everyone else, don't weigh yourself so much and if you do have to (because I struggle to follow this rule myself if I'm honest) weigh yourself at the same time every day, I would never weigh myself twice in one day.

Also I have a rule that it doesn't count (either way) unless you see it on the scales twice!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!