Too much protein?

Options
Ok ive only been logging my food for a few days now but i constantly blow my protien. Ok my diary is open and i know i havent made the best food decisions but i am usually staying under my 1500 cal daily limit. Is it ok to go over protien? feel free to browse my food diary and offer ways to improve it!

Replies

• trina1704
    trina1704 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Help anyone?
  • rgrin
    rgrin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Most people on here will say the more the merrier! (At least when it comes to protein.) MFP has you automatically set to a protein amount that is too low. Protein should account for 30% or more of your calories per day. Check out this thread for information about choosing and changing your macros:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Scott15Fit
    Options
    Protein should be based on your weight and not a percentage. Somewhere between 0.8g/kg for a standard person and 1.7g/kg if you want to be a super bulky footballer/weight lifter.
    http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition/factsheets/basics/protein_-_how_much

Edit: Can't work out how to link properly :/
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    your diary isnt open to offer feedback
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    you can eat ur bodyweight in grams of protein so say you 150pounds u can eat up to 150grams protein . your macro nutrient ratio isnt as important as TOTAL CALORIES :)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Too much? I'm trying to make 1/2 of my intake macros protein, and boy is it hard. It takes real effort and a lot of protein shakes to even make this happen, cause carbs always creep up and sneak up on you and punch you in the gut.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    you can eat ur bodyweight in grams of protein so say you 150pounds u can eat up to 150grams protein . your macro nutrient ratio isnt as important as TOTAL CALORIES :)

Is this calculated on your lean weight or your total weight? I have this formaula based on my ideal lean weight though I am two stone fat overweight.