Anyone lost inches/pant sizes in 6 months?

Hi, my name is Raylyn. I am looking forward to losing weight. I gained 100 1bs since I have been home schooled. I am not wanting to go back to my High School and achieve my goals. I do want to go back skinner and be the old me, not the fat me. I am starting the gym and diet on 3/1 and I want to see what all you guys have done in 6 months? I wear a 17 in pants, I want to at least be in a size 10, or just where shirts look good on me and my belly isn't poking out. *Diclaimer: I am a junior in HS.*
Here's a picture of the old me and the me now.
EF1D9048-8992-4DF3-92C0-3607FC0F2218-4529-0000015CB006ACFC_zpsc162939d.jpg

People has asked me if I am pregnant before. :/

Replies

• sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    I did! I went from about a 17 in august to a 10 at the beginning of January!! You can do it!! good luck!
  • JazPinazzo
    JazPinazzo Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I started my journey on September 17, and by now I already lost almost 13 kilos. It was difficult for me at the beggining, but by just changing the food habits and eating clean this can be really work, exercise is the secret, and a lot of cardio should be done so you can burn calories, weight lifting is also important but just add them as supplement to the cardio workout with small dumbbells, later on when you loose enough you can start lifting heavy, Im quite happy till now and I went from size 14-15 to 11-12 by now, looking to go more down of course. Oh one thing, I gave up completely, sweets, coca cola sodas and all those stuff, artificial juice, and natural juice without sugar only sometimes (rarely). Good luck!
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    You can do it. I have lost 12 kilos in about 3 months and that has made a massive difference to how my clothes fit me. Give it everything you have got and you will be pleasantly surprised.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    I definitely have. 6 months ago I was 38 inch waist, 43 inch hips and about 43 inch bust too. Now I am 26 inch waist, 35 inch hips and 33inch bust. And that's not mentioning all my other body parts!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Last week I lost about 3 inches.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    I went some 36" trouser/jeans to 30" trouser/jeans (loose) in 5months and extra large shirts to small
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I'm a lot older than you are, and I started losing weight (again lol) in July 2011 after having my 2nd baby. I can't remember exactly how much weight I lost after 6 months, but in the first month alone i'd lost a good 3 inches off my waist. You're young, so I reckon you'll lose pretty quickly.

In 18 months I'd gone from a UK 18/20 (US 14/16) to a UK 12 (US 8) and i'm now 35!
  • You can totally do it! You have your young age on your side. :) I'm 31 and went from a size 17 (and that's squeezing into a 17) in May to a size 11 by December.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    It's wholly and totally possible.
  • Hi there I was a 18 in august just went shopping saturday and am in 14.
  • rcameron55
    rcameron55 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you for all the replies! Does anyone have pictures?
  • Ur young and it seems to be all around ur tummy u should be able to do it just stick to it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Maybe, but not really sure. My pants that I have do fit better just in the last few weeks and I am notched down one hole on the belt. All good.

Props on your achievements!
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    I've only been at this RELIGIOUSLY for about 2 months. (It says I joined in August last year, I know, but I fell off the wagon a few times, but have stayed determined since January 1.) In those 2 months I've lost 20lbs and 1 pant size (I carry most of my weight higher up on my stomach and in my legs.) I went from a size 14 to 12 in Old Navy jeans, and a tight 12 to a lose 12/tight 10 in Levi's.

2months_zps8d4f0a03.jpg

TOP: 210 (Starting weight in Jan.)
    BOTTOM: Current weight of 188 (Taken Feb. 19)
  • MsCristie
    MsCristie Posts: 27 Member
    I started in July, my pant size was a 6-8. I lost 25 pounds and size 4 is too big! YOU GOT THIS!
  • StacyLynnBennett
    StacyLynnBennett Posts: 28 Member
    Well I have lost 38 lbs and 18 1/2 inches. I was wearing size 20-22 and now I am 14-16. Shirts are about 14-16-18 because I am hoping my breasts decrease as well. I am getting pants from the regular side of the store not on the plus size. Whoo Hoo!
  • ay1978pa
    ay1978pa Posts: 142 Member
    27 lbs in under 3 months. Went from (snug) 34 to baggy 31 jeans.
  • I have lost 4.5 inches on my hips and 4 inches from my waist in 2 months. Weight lifting, green tea, eating low glycemic index foods all helped!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    I'm 10 days short of 6 months, I'm down 2 pants size 20 to 16 and way over 20" overall.
  • I did. I start MFP about 7 weeks ago, and I am down from a size 12 to a size 10. I carry most of my extra weight in my belly area and hips, so going down a size for is huge! Good Luck to you, you can do this, and it will help you maintain a lifetime of healthy eating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!