What was for Supper???

Options
I didn't eat.... I snacked late afternoon on some bbq baked lay's (should never of bought them) and then I ended up snacking on some chocolate. I am seriously thinking of throwing the candy away. Hubby and I don't need it and really the kids don't need all of that sugar either. Tomorrow will be a better day.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I didn't eat.... I snacked late afternoon on some bbq baked lay's (should never of bought them) and then I ended up snacking on some chocolate. I am seriously thinking of throwing the candy away. Hubby and I don't need it and really the kids don't need all of that sugar either. Tomorrow will be a better day.:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I had:
    trader joes roasted vegetable enchiladas
    trader joes southwest gourmet flatbreads
    peas
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I actually made a fritata using egg beaters, green peppers/onions and left over ham and roasted potatoes. a couple of pieces of whole wheat toast.

After yesterday.......geezz... I'm glad I'm back on track!
  • watch48win
    Options
    I had:
    trader joes roasted vegetable enchiladas
    trader joes southwest gourmet flatbreads
    peas

I found a Trader Joe's in Springfield VA. It's about an hour and 1/2 drive from my house. Do you have a list of "must have's" if I decide to drive up there next week?
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I admitt I am WEAK when it comes to sweets and chocolate is my killer. so I have NONE in the house.
    .I find if its not here.. I will not eat it.
    I dont even buy chips..
    I recall a statement by 93 yrs old Jack lalain...( I think I spelled that right..;-) ).. If man Makes it he doesnt eat it.. he looks GREAT.. I thought that was a great bit of info. he stick to the good things mother earth provides.
    he hasnt had sweets since he was 15 years old. what a man..!!! thats will-power !!!
    I just have to remember its a journey...every day is a new chance to succeed at keeping myself healthy.
    Good Luck to you...don't give up !!!
  • kimdommerc
    Options
    I had tuna on whole grain crackers. I have to say though, that I have tried many of the suggestions I've seen on this site for mayonnaise substitutions and so far I dont like any of them. I may just have to use the mayo unless anyone has anymore suggestions. I'm willing to try anything. So far I have tried plain yogurt, hummus, salsa and fat free sour cream. Have anything else???
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    chicken packets!

4 oz chix breasts wrapped in foil, tonight featuring:

orange slices, minced garlic, sliced jalapeno, salt and pepper. Wrap tightly, throw in a 425 oven and bake for 20 minutes.

with one cup of brown rice
    and two cups steamed veggies.

mmmmm.
  • watch48win
    Options
    I use regular mayo. I can't stand the lowfat stuff and we won't even discuss the fat free mayo:noway:

I really don't use mayo that often ( unless I make tuna salad) so, I just log the calories and call it a day.
  • karilynn
    karilynn Posts: 87
    Options
    i had a delicous supper..i cooked some chicken breast cut in strips cooked in 1 tsp of i can't believe it's not butter light and spices, with asparagus, baby carrots w some i can't believe its not butter and splenda brown sugar, and a spring mix salad w the usual salad fixings! mmm good
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I use regular mayo. I can't stand the lowfat stuff and we won't even discuss the fat free mayo:noway:

I really don't use mayo that often ( unless I make tuna salad) so, I just log the calories and call it a day.

Seconded! I'll sometimes used mashed avocado on sandwiches, but there is no fooling me with mayo.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I had a cup of whole wheat spaghetti with grated Parmesan cheese and smart balance margarine. This is the first time I have tried whole wheat spaghetti.....it's really good:drinker:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I earned 530 extra calories today, so at supper time I had 1000 to eat. I had a toasted egg sandwich w/cheese, baby carrots and ranch dressing and I am full!!. Its 9pm and I still have about 400 to eat. Wow!---the benefits of exercise!!!:):drinker:
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    I had:
    - Baked salmon with fresh garlic and dill
    - A roasted red potato
    -Fresh roasted zuchinni and squash
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    3:00 pm:
    Thomas' - Bagels - Onion, 1 bagel (104g each serving)- 290 cals
    half a boiled egg - 38 cals

Total: 328 cals

Dinner (6:30):
    Homemade - Turkey Burgers, 1 burger - 183 cals
    Wonder - Light Wheat Bread, 2 slices - 80 cals
    The Laughing Cow - Light Original Swiss, 0.5 wedge - 18 cals
    Fit & Active - Turkey Bacon, 2 slice - 60 cals
    Lamb Weston Inland Valley - Crinkle Cuts French Fried Potatoes, 7.5 fries - 75 cals
    Catsup (Ketchup), 1.5 tbsp - 23 cals

Total: 439 cals

Dessert:
    Homemade - Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Bites(recipe posted), 3 cubes - 60 cals

Overall total: 827

510 cals left

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    Baked Cornish Hen (1/2) and a small salad.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    I had tuna on whole grain crackers. I have to say though, that I have tried many of the suggestions I've seen on this site for mayonnaise substitutions and so far I dont like any of them. I may just have to use the mayo unless anyone has anymore suggestions. I'm willing to try anything. So far I have tried plain yogurt, hummus, salsa and fat free sour cream. Have anything else???

Try mixing your tuna with mustard, it's good and better for you!:bigsmile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I mix my tuna with lowfat cottage cheese, or light ranch dressing. If you don't like the chunkiness of the cottage cheese, you can blend it until it's smooth.
  • cstolba
    cstolba Posts: 14
    Options
    I had 6 ounces of ground turkey and a sweet potato tonight

Cara
  • mamatjtr
    mamatjtr Posts: 20
    Options
    GREENS, AND RICE, A SMALL PIECE OF STEAK WITH GRAVY AND MAC&CHEESE ALL HOME MADE
  • jeannasr
    jeannasr Posts: 3
    Options
    tonight I had half of a slice of homemade baked ham and whole grain rice, and my weakness two dinner rolls:frown: I love them so if anyone has a suggestion for me to sub i would love to hear it.