weightlifting and burning calories

Options
I can't help but notice that the exercise journal only logs calories burned for aerobic exercise. When I go to the gym and lift I generally try to keep my heart rate up is there a way to get credit for calories burned lifting?? Do I not have the thing set up right? or is lifting considered a wash because your building while you burn? Anybody?

Totally posted this twice... sorry. I is new to the interwebs... :embarassed:

Replies

• wrbuckwa
    wrbuckwa Posts: 2
    Options
    If you search weight lifting under the cardio exercise link it allows you to add it to your cardio exercise.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It may not give you extra calories, but it does give you extra protein and carbs :)
  • mainch
    mainch Posts: 1
    Options
    If you know how many sets/reps and how much weight you lifted, you can click Add Exercise under the Strength Training header. To see a list of all the exercises in the database, don't enter a search term and just click Search. From there, you can pick out all of your exercises and add them. After that, they'll be saved in your list.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    If you keep the rest really short between sets (like, < 30 secs), I think you could call it circuit training. I rest 15 secs between sets and that's what I do.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    thanks guys... totally care about the extra calories I hardly use all the ones I have now but I would like to see it. Gives me a little boost.