ladie also on a 1200cal max daily intake diet lets share eat

princessangel
princessangel Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Recipes
accidently posted this here instead of in the food and nutrition section, dont know how to delete sorry. however if you are also on a 1200 cal diet please refer to my post in food and nut :)

Replies

• Wow 1200 cal. go by quickly....I try to go to the gym 4 times a week to increase my cal. intake...I haven't figured it all out yet but here's what I had for lunch today:

Homemade - Garden Salad, 1 salad 75cal.
    Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast - Grilled, 4 oz 125cal.
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves 49cal.
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 1 cup, pared, chopped 16cal.
    Raw - Green Onion, 1/4 cup 10cal.
    Homemade - Olive Oil & Cider Vinegar & Raspberry Vinegar , 2 tbsp 110cal.

For a total of 385cal.

I mixed everything into a huge salad bowl and boy it was good! Strawberries really give a little something extra!
    I usually only have an Ensure shake in the morning: the regular one is 250cal.
    I was never a fan of red meat so I can't help you there but if you like fish, I think salmon has the best fat-protein ratio.
    Hope we can find other people who can help!
  • Mrs_Demeanor
    Mrs_Demeanor Posts: 8 Member
    Wow 1200 cal. go by quickly....I try to go to the gym 4 times a week to increase my cal. intake...I haven't figured it all out yet but here's what I had for lunch today:

Homemade - Garden Salad, 1 salad 75cal.
    Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast - Grilled, 4 oz 125cal.
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves 49cal.
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 1 cup, pared, chopped 16cal.
    Raw - Green Onion, 1/4 cup 10cal.
    Homemade - Olive Oil & Cider Vinegar & Raspberry Vinegar , 2 tbsp 110cal.

For a total of 385cal.

I mixed everything into a huge salad bowl and boy it was good! Strawberries really give a little something extra!
    I usually only have an Ensure shake in the morning: the regular one is 250cal.
    I was never a fan of red meat so I can't help you there but if you like fish, I think salmon has the best fat-protein ratio.
    Hope we can find other people who can help!

I've seen strawberries in salad, but I've always thought 'well that's weird'. I have the stuff to make it in the fridge...except for the dressing. I do have a balsamic spritzer dressing tho. Think that'll work too or does the paspberry-ness bring it all together?
  • jill5196
    jill5196 Posts: 6
    mmm.. fruit is delicious in salad. Try pears and Gorgonzola cheese, or grapes and feta, oranges and raspberries with blue cheese. What is great about these cheeses is that they have such bold flavor a little goes a long way (=lots of flavor with little calories) .
    Goodluck with the 1200 calories a day. I have been doing it off and on for 2 yrs and you really get used to it. You just decide what foods will make you feel fuller, like hard boiled eggs, cheese, and almonds, as opposed to less filling like a doughnut, can of soda, etc..
    It's great to be aware of what you put in your body and make thoughtful choices about how you "spend" your calories.
    So Kuddos to you for taking the time and effort for yourself!
    Good Luck!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Hello :) make sure your workout so you can have some extra calories too! But I usually eat LOTS of fruits and veggies. I also think of my favorite fatty high cal foods and think of alternatives

examples.......

-french fries for homemade sweet potato fries

-chocolate/icecream for sugar free pudding or sugar free fudgesicles

-something sweet and crunchy or an apple/grapes/other fruits

-cheese for light string cheese or laughing cow cheese wedges

-bagels for western alternative bagels (only 110 cals)

and more! :)
This discussion has been closed.