Ladies on 1200cal diet lets share eating plans, tips, ideas!

Options
hi ladies just wanting to get together and create an area where we can share what we are eating and how we are improving our healh, would be great to get lots of different food options here to help us plan our dailly eating and strive to get the most nutrients out the 1200 daily cal limit. please only daily meal plans that total 1200 cals! xx

anyways here is what i had yesterday:

Total cals consumed: 1266
Total cals burned walking: 98

Breaky (total 172 cal):
Papaya 1.5 cups 82 cal
Skinny cap medium 90 cal

Lunch (total 650 cal):
Chickpea Salad, 100 g 95 cal
Couscous Salad, 150g 300 cal
Greek Salad side salad 195 cal
Cucumber Yogurt Dressing, 2 Tbsp. 60 cal

Dinner (total 220):
Papaya, 1 cup 80 cal
John West - Tuna Olive Oil Blend, 125 g 140 cal

Snacks (total 224):
Banana medium 144 cal
Apple medium 80 cal

I have room for improvement in my diet would like to include more protien and some read meat but afraid of how fattening red meat is now i am on a diet. As you can see i was a lil over but not by much and Im hoping my salad for lunch was less than it added up here as it is a medium sized salad box that come from healthy food place and so i get a mix of 3 salads in there. Im worried about the couscous though they might use butter, that is that bad thing about takeaway foods you never know what is really in there...

Please share your eating plans, ideas, tips etc! :):)

Replies

• rileysmommyy
    rileysmommyy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    eggs are a good way to add protein to your diet. at only 70 calories an egg, you can make a sandwich out of one, scramble them or even eat them hard boiled for a nutritious snack. i also like to portion out turkey meat for chili and burgers. and of course chicken breast is yummy and low in calories and fat. 4 0z is usually 100 calories. another favorite of mine for a good, filling snack is turkey pepperoni. 17 slices is 1 serving and only 70 calories! hope these suggestions help. :)
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've tried to cut down on my total calorie intake as well as eating better calories. For instance, instead of eating bread on my sandwich (even a nice whole wheat is like 140 cals at least), I've started eating the Arnold Thins - they are 100 calories. Also, instead of eating mustard and mayo slathered all over my sandwich, I put some cheese - usually provolone or colby jack - on it. I eat Dannon Light and Fit yogurt in the morning (I used to eat plain yogurt with frozen fruit, but the store near me no longer sells plain yogurt :( )

Anyway I do pretty well with breakfast/lunch/snacks, but I have a harder time with dinner. I've started buying fresh spinach and sauteing it with red peppers and garlic. It's yummy :)
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Total Calories consumed: 952
    Burned with cardio: 147

Breakfast:
    Bowl of organic honey nut morning o's
    strawberry yogurt
    lemon ginger tea

Lunch:
    2 crackers with peanut butter ( Yes, I was in a rush. )

Snack:
    Pineapple fruit cup
    2 kiwis
    raisins

Dinner:
    Mung bean soup
    Seared tuna

I've been trying to eat a range of different foods and stop sticking with the same meals.
  • rseit29
    rseit29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I switch out my bread for half of a whole wheat pita when I make a sandwich! It's only 80 calories! And your lunch doesn't fall out of it when you eat it!
  • TxTish
    TxTish Posts: 2
    Options
    I have found that good chef salads and frozen dinners like lean cuisines and smart ones and healthy choices are helping me stay on 1200 calories a day. The dinners are good at lunch when I'm in a hurry, I love a good chef salad at night with fat free dressing and 2% cheese. The 100 calorie snack packets make for good snacks at work. I drink water bottles and use propel 10 calories to sweeten them some. I love unsweet tea with lemon also. I start out some days with a junior breakfast burrito from Sonic only 330 calories. I go to Olive Garden every couple of weeks,, and resist the bread sticks, having a small portion of salad first, then the Eggplant Parmigana. I just know to add more exercise in if I go over the 1200 calories. This site has been awesome for keeping me on track. I eat grapes as a snack a lot too. I need to figure out some things that I can eat from fast foods that aren't totally awful, as I'm going to be on the road a lot and want to stay on track!
  • TxTish
    TxTish Posts: 2
    Options
    Speaking of eggs, Egg beaters are awesome. Jimmy Dean makes a frozen bag of skillet breakfasts, that have ham, red and green peppers and onions in them. A serving is only 370 calories or so even if you use eggs,, talk about filling! This is one of my favorite meals when I'm hungry!
  • princessangel
    Options
    oh yeah thanks eggs are a great idea, im going to head for a walk shortly to the shops to buy some eggs and healthy bread for breakfast only had my daily coffee so far and its 9:30 am.. hmm so hungry cant wait for my soft boiled egg with one pc toast cut in soldiers hehe.. should come to around 170-200 cal. really need to give up the coffee though not that geart for you and unwanted extra cals going to try get into drinking herbal teas instead like green tea apparently it helps fasten your metab as well who knows if that is true or not though..
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A few breakfast ideas...

I use egg beaters (all whites) They are only 30 cal for a 1/4. I eat 1/2 c scrambled and throw in spinach, green peppers. onions and either tomatoes or top with 2 lbs of salsa.

1 whole wheat tortilla, 1 tbs pbb, 1 medium banana 375 cals
  • ChristinaHill
    Options
    35 calorie bread guys. 35 calories a slice, You can eat a whole sandwhich and not feel guilty
  • pinklady85
    Options
    Wow 1200 cal. go by quickly....I try to go to the gym 4 times a week to increase my cal. intake...I haven't figured it all out yet but here's what I had for lunch today:

Homemade - Garden Salad, 1 salad 75cal.
    Boneless, Skinless - Chicken Breast - Grilled, 4 oz 125cal.
    Strawberries - Raw, 1 cup, halves 49cal.
    Cucumber - Peeled, raw, 1 cup, pared, chopped 16cal.
    Raw - Green Onion, 1/4 cup 10cal.
    Homemade - Olive Oil & Cider Vinegar & Raspberry Vinegar , 2 tbsp 110cal.

For a total of 385cal.

I mixed everything into a huge salad bowl and boy it was good! Strawberries really give a little something extra!
    I usually only have an Ensure shake in the morning: the regular one is 250cal.
    I was never a fan of red meat so I can't help you there but if you like fish, I think salmon has the best fat-protein ratio.
  • pinklady85
    Options
    I also stay away from pineapple, grapes and bananas... You wanna go for the berries, they have almost no sugar and they can pass for dessert if you have imagination! :)
  • pinklady85
    Options
    35 calorie bread guys. 35 calories a slice, You can eat a whole sandwhich and not feel guilty

Oh my god! Which one?????????? Where??????????? How?????????? I want it!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to know about this 35 calorie bread! Sounds too good to be true.
  • turtle080808
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein and less carbs. I make protein shakes for right after my weight lifting days. Its very important for nutrition and muscles :) The best one I have found is Silk light chocolate soy milk, natural peanut butter, chocolate protein powder and ice....all blended together ITS AWESOME!! Also makes a good breakfast, it keeps me full longer!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    what a great idea! tagging this to check back later.
  • amyvue
    amyvue Posts: 17
    Options
    breakfast:
    yoplait yogurt (i love the blueberry, strawberry banana, and boston cream pie ones!)
    mixed nuts from "nut-trition" cans

snack:
    orange or strawberries 1 cup
    or wheat thins

lunch:
    turkey sandwich with fresh spinich, tomatoe

snack:
    string cheese

dinner:
    salmon
    asparagus or collard greens

usually if I do resistance I skip dinner and drink a protein shake instead.. fills me up especially when i put soymilk and fruits in with it :)

sorry i was too lazy to look up how much calories is in each... but I know that its right around the 1200 mark!
  • andieooh
    andieooh Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi!
    I have an eating too much protein problem, if that's a problem. I know protein is good for you and I think I've become overly focused, anyway here is my typical day for 1200 cals or under:

Breakfast:
    - Oatmeal (rolled oats only - instant oats are a joke as far as nutrients) w/ 2% milk & brown sugar
    - 1 or 2 servings (2 Tb/serving) of Wheat Germ for extra protein & fiber added to oatmeal (can't even taste it!)
    - Coffee (YES!)

Lunch:
    - Sandwich and some fruit, I had an Arby's melt the other day and it wasn't as calorically bad as I thought it'd be...Chick-Fil-A is the healthiest major fast food restaurant to go to - if you're a fast food-getter :) no sandwich on their menu is over 300 calories (source: eat this not that)

Dinner:
    - White fish, battered and fried actually...not as calorically bad as you'd think, once again!
    - Brown rice
    - Broccoli
    - Glass of red (YES!)

That's my typical day, sometimes it puts me over by a few calories when I don't exercise - I'm talking by like 20 calories...so not too big of a deal. I also don't drink soda (never have) and stay away from juice most of the time - water is my best friend.

Sorry that I didn't give any new recipe ideas or anything, I just have found that it's not too hard to stay around the 1200 calorie mark....surprisingly enough.

Best of luck ladies and gents! Keep it movin! :):)
  • andieooh
    andieooh Posts: 5
    Options
    By the way - I googled "35 calorie bread" and it came back with:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/earthgrains/35-calorie-wheat-bread

Or if you're afraid of links or are lazy...it's earthgrains brand...oops just found another called Heiners bread - it's also 35 calories...they sell it at Walmart.
  • princessangel
    Options
    35 cal bread sounds so good.. to bad i dont think we have this in australia :( i looked on the shelf today and nothing even under 80 cal a slice but not the biggest supermart so next time i will check out somewhere else. so far today i been doing really well sticking to my calorie plan but going out to dinner tonigh sigh i bet all the meals will prob be a whole 1000 cals just for one meal but its nice to enjoy ourselfs as well so going to try not feel guilty about it
  • Zonadow
    Zonadow Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh you people are so lucky! I'm on a hard diet since I took outt frustrrations with food when I was little ( 6-10) and I gained like crazy until I turned 14 weighing in at 214 -.- so at 15 it pleases me to say my chosen diet is working. I'm losing 2 pounds a week, and the secret? Going shopping with my mother for walking and such, using an Ab Lounge Sport machine, and as for foods? Fruits and vegetables. That's it. Protein could be sullied in nuts as well but my mother refuses -.- So we get the rare treat on Friday - roasted chciken. Put the oven away though, we don't actually cook any of the vegetables. We eat salad, carrot juice is a fantastic vitamin supplement ( though gross in my tastes ), lemon juice instead of salad dressing, etc.!

I've been on this diet for 1 week and using the ab lounge sport for 3 days and I've lost 2 pounds already.

( I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors, I'm on my iPod Touch XD; )