new truck driver on board

Options
Hi I am a long haul team trucker with my husband of 28 years. Over the past few months I have developed some very bad eating habits, actually I think trying to eat as much as my husband does. Not a good thing! Now I can't stand to look in the mirror any longer. I have had some tragedies in the past 5 years but I know despite it all I am to blame for what I see and I have to take charge to change. I am hoping to find some friends here to help get me on track and stay there. Since all the things that have happened some of my friends have stopped calling as I guess they don't want to listen to me cry. Sorry but you lose 2 kids and go thru cancer yourself and with your husband and you might have a few tears as well.
I am not asking for anyone to feel sorry for me but some understanding would be nice.
Thanks for reading
roadrunner48

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I haven't been through your personal tragedies, but I am sorry for those. As I have never been through those before it would be hard for me to understand what you are going through. But the weight gain, I have been there. You can have me as a friend. I will be there when you need me. If you wanna ask something just ask. Or if you need something as well.

-Roy
  • jarkasangel
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me as a friend also, I've been through some tragedies in my life also and Im sure so have many others on here, but lets look on the bright side and make some new friends together and look after ourselves, best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • mamaskully
    mamaskully Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and friend offer. How do you add friends on the site? or is it thru facebook?
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    Sorry for your tragedies :(

I'm new too, we can do it together!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss :( You are welcome to add me and my husband as your friends. My husband is also a truck driver, but he's home on the weekends. It is very hard for him to lose weight and we're both bad about going out to eat all the time! It's hard when your life is so busy and the easiest and quickest thing to do is grab what's available to you such as the fast food. My husband is a friend on my page, like I said, feel free to request either one or both of us. I know we can all help each other out! :):) Best of luck :)
  • heycarlz
    heycarlz Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! MFP.com is a great tool and I hope that you enjoy it; I have recently joined myself. There are so many reasons for why we don't take care of ourselves and you should not feel bad about your weight. Wanting to change is a great thing and taking action to do so is even better, so congratulations!
    You can do it and with MFP.com it makes it enjoyable to keep yourself on track and rewarding to see your progress. I certainly have been encourged by other people on the site and look forward to the weeks to come when I can weigh-in with success!
    Good luck, be yourself and enjoy the process! If you focus on the process, the outcome will take care of itself.
    Carly