Menstrual cycle, sorry guys!

Options
I just recently started on this new me journey. Losing weight.

Ive have always had a normal cycle, and recently since Jan. 2nd, I have lost 32 lbs -- I haven't had my menstrual yet this month -- is this normal? For it to disappear after losing that much weight? Has anyone else experienced this as well?

Thank you,

Replies

• deeosborn
    deeosborn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't changeed yet - have you reached our target or not still got a way to go? It might just be your body adjusting, or you could be pregnant!!! :wink:
  • MereExtraordinaire
    MereExtraordinaire Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The best things I ever did for myself: ask your doctor to put you on the Nuvaring. I always know exactly when my period will be here, so if I ever miss it, I will KNOW something is wrong.
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    I have noticed mine has become even lighter 3 days max!!! I used to have ungodly cramps as well (bedridden!!) but since I started exercising its still bad but I can move :) So could be the changes, but make sure it isn't "something" else!!!
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have not reached my goal, I have a ways to go. (probably another 115 or more) (which is why i think its easier for me to lose a lot of weight right now.) I know i'm not pregnant. :) I'm not opposed to it, however, I just know i'm not at this point in time. So birth control isnt a huge option right now. hmm. I've seen to miss this cycle. It might be just a fluke.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight in a short time. It's very typical for weight loss to affect the menstrual cycle, because fat cells carry estrogen. If you get rid of the fat, you get rid of the estrogen hormones it carries and as a result, your cycles go out of whack. So it's most likely just your body adjusting to the new hormone levels. But check with your doctor anyway, just to be sure that it's not something else.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Exercise and losing weight puts stress on the body, so yes it can mess with your periods. That is normal. This happens a lot to women in the military when they go through boot camp.

Here are a few articles for you to read that will help you out:

http://women.webmd.com/tc/missed-or-irregular-periods-topic-overview
    http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/menstruation/a/lateperiod.htm
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/530470-can-a-new-exercise-routine-delay-menstruation/
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Your body just may be adjusting. If you miss your next cycle, you should contact your dr
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was almost a full month late after I started eating right and exercisiing, even took a pregnancy test to rule that out. Not sur if it was just coincidence or not, but they say stress, life changes and weight loss, can have an affect on our cycles.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you've always been regular and its suddenly disappeared I would go see a doctor.
  • feliligram
    Options
    when I first started exercising my period was all out of wack, I seriously took like, 8-10 pregnancy test. :laugh:
    It eventually regulated itself over time.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Mine gas gotten lighter- but never disappeared.

I would def go to the doctor and see what's up.

Good luck!