Fitbit One user opinion

Options
Looking into buying a Fitbit. Any users out there and what is your experience? Is it worth the money? I'm looking for a tool to help me track what I am doing and almost more importantly to help remind me of what I am not doing! Opinions on the Fitbit would be very helpful.

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I've been using a fitbit since last July and I love it. It helps increase my NEAT because it motivates me to get off my butt and moving throughout the day as I try to get my 10000 every day.
  • dimplz369
    dimplz369 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit one about 3 weeks ago and so far I love it. It's so easy to use and I like how it automatically syncs up to your computer, phone, and even MFP. It also is very encouraging and lets you know when you've had a good day. I even use the sleep tracker to see how quickly I fall asleep, how many times I wake up, and I love the silent alarm feature that you can set right from your phone (much better than the annoying alarm clock). When doing a workout or activity, I make sure to set the stopwatch so that I can see my activity levels during that time period. Overall, I think it definitely makes you more consious of your activity levels in an easy-to-use format. It seems like everyone I show it to ends up ordering one for themself. If you have any other specific questions, let me know - hope this helps!
  • nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is worth it for me... I tend to look at it throught out the day and try to make sure that I get my 10000 steps and 25 flights in - If I am getting towards going to bed and see that I have 48 flights of steps climbed I'll do two more to get 50. If you like that kind of feedback it will probably be helpful...
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Mine was sent to me by my MIL who thought it was too complicated. I like it but am not sure I would have paid $100 for it. It supplements my existing tools with a few motivational things it tracks, but it alone wouldn't be sufficient for me to keep my momentum.
  • errorika
    errorika Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have had one since November and I love it. It's helped me see the patterns in how often I'm active, so I know if I sat at my desk all day that I will need to do about 5000 more steps (I usually walk about 2.5 miles a day when I sit at my desk for the majority of the day). The numbers it puts out are fairly accurate for me, I haven't noticed many discrepancies. The community isn't as extensive as it is on here, but it has a lot of good information about the product, and it's so easy to use with your MFP account. $100 seems like a lot, but it really was worth it for me.

Unfortunately my Ultra started falling apart a couple weeks ago. FitBit's customer service is amazing, though, and they're sending me a brand new One to replace it. All they needed was a couple pictures and the issue was resolved in less than two days at no cost to me.
  • Rungirlrun4
    Rungirlrun4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! Been having trouble keeping motivated lately and have fallen off my diet and exercise program. I'm not looking for a quick fix but rather something that reminds me throughout my busy day that I need to work on me too and hold myself more accountable. I think this may help so I think with all the positive feedback I'll incorporate the Fitbit into my plan of action.

@dimpiz369 Thanks, I'll take you up on it if I fun into any questions when I get started! @eearens09 & @TAsunder Awesome job on the weight loss! Keep it up!
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! Been having trouble keeping motivated lately and have fallen off my diet and exercise program. I'm not looking for a quick fix but rather something that reminds me throughout my busy day that I need to work on me too and hold myself more accountable. I think this may help so I think with all the positive feedback I'll incorporate the Fitbit into my plan of action.

@dimpiz369 Thanks, I'll take you up on it if I fun into any questions when I get started! @eearens09 & @TAsunder Awesome job on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Thanks.

I've had mine for about a month only. The area where FitBit has helped for me is in actually wanting to walk around at home or work. Whereas before I might wait to put away something at home, I will actually hop up and do it now because I get credit for the steps and stairs. The double whammy is when I get up to walk to the water fountain to fill my water glass at work, which is another thing fitBit tracks. I have not yet found that it has motivated me to actually do more "real" exercise, but I'm usually pretty motivated by MFP's numbers so your mileage may vary.

The FitBit site has a lot of really fun features, though. Things that MFP doesn't have but which might be fun here. Stuff like badges and achievements. It is a really well-designed site and between FitBit.com and MFP you have a really great set of web tools.

OK, maybe it is worth $100 after all to me.
  • mrscruz625
    mrscruz625 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I ordered one today! I am looking forward to what it says about my sleeping. I am always exhausted in the morning.