Need some more friends on here to help with motivation

Options
Hi all! I'm Rachael, from NJ and I have been on here for almost 8 weeks now. I have made some pretty awesome friends, but would like to have more. I am really looking for people that are like me and have a long way to go to reach their goal for daily motivation. It doesnt so much bother me if your diary is closed, as long as you are willing to give the motivation I need, especially on days when I'm not feeling it. I also do the same thing :)

Gender not important to me--just be supportive and non-judgmental!

Look forward to meeting you all!!! Thanks

Rachael

Replies

• AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 30 lbs to go and am on here daily. My food log is open and i love giving lots of support. :)
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, and please feel free to add me too =)
  • AngieSitaAustin
    AngieSitaAustin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi by all means add me, i log on daily and have it in the background when im at work, i am currently aiming to lose another 15lb by june as we are of on holiday and for once in my life i want to strut around the pool and beach rather that feel all insecure. so feel free to pop by and say hi, i think knowing your not alone and have added support, in whatever form helps us all... good luck on your journey
  • janican1
    Options
    HI! I am Jana from Oregon. My goal is too lose about 30 lbs. We have lots of walking paths here, but it rains a lot. Summer will be much better. Food is my major issue. I used to have a very fast metabalism but it has slowed down over the past 10 years and the lbs have crept up. So I guess I will see if this works!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can add me as a friend. I am shooting to run the Boston Marathon this April.

Anyone can add me.
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey Congrats on the decision to take your life back and on joining MFP. I am always looking for friends on here as well, please watch for the request! and Best of luck!
  • cxmoore2
    cxmoore2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be included on your friends list. I've got about 35 lbs to lose before I set my next goal of 20 lbs more to go. I felt it would be better to set a goal that might (maybe, I hope) be attainable. For me, setting my end goal to 55 lbs would be too discouraging, like it's so far I would never make it. I've had this weight on me for SO many years, sometimes I feel it will never go away. But then I look at others and see their wonderful progress and feel there may be hope for me after all. Having encouragement from others would be awesome! In the 12 days I've been on this, I've only lost 2.5 lbs. I was hoping to lose 2 lbs per week. But, I'm in this for the long haul - I want to keep OFF any weight I lose!
  • leahlovesroses
    Options
    I'll definitely add you! I definitely need motivation from as many people as possible! :/ I'd been off here for over 2 weeks, and it took for a mfp friend to bring me back! :/

And to everyone else; PLEASE feel free to add me! :)
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyones support!!! God-- this is why I love people here, so super supportive!!!! I have added I think everyone thus far. The more the merrier!!! I appreciate all the help!!!!!

Oh and drink your water :drinker: :drinker: hehe
  • JessicaG234
    JessicaG234 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Certainly add me, I am on every day and love giving support and recieveing support!!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Hey Rachael from N.J. ~ Kristi from Texas here... I have a long way to go in my journey but love this site and the people. There's some wonderful, loving, motivational folks here and I also love to be a friend and help others in their journey to better health and happier lives. I've been on almost everyday since Jan this year and it makes a difference in my life!!

Best of luck to you and feel free to add me if you're still searching for new friends!
  • Caleen58
    Caleen58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel, you look so friendly and I'm new here and nervous and would also like a "friend." I don't even know what you mean by "closed diary" and adding people. I have a lot to learn. I'm looking for support also and maybe a little help learning about this site. Good luck to you. Donna
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I just added you Rachel :flowerforyou:

Add me anyone who wants. I love having supportive friends. :heart:
  • _misscupcakes_
    Options
    Everyone Feel free to add me. I have been using the site off and on but plan on using it 100% starting today. I need more support as well.
  • ChelseaE7
    ChelseaE7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just added you. :smile:
  • Bronna63
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a newbie and trying to lose 20 lbs. Always need encouragement and motivation. I hope I can do the same for you. Hang in there, you will accompolish your goal! I tell myself that one pound of fat is 4 sticks of butter. Helps me to visualize what I am really losing and seems to motivate me.
  • MoonGypsyQ67
    MoonGypsyQ67 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Request sent. Anyone can add me.
  • violinkeri
    Options
    i log every day, and anyone can add me! love to hear everyones stories and see all the successes! keep me on my toes!
  • Boringdoug
    Boringdoug Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like friends. :)