Give me your best motivational quotes

imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
The only catch they have to be clean and health/fitness related. I'm always on the look out for new quotes that I can add to my newsletters. The feedback from the quotes I put inthe newsletters alone are a huge success. If you got one, please share!

Here's a few I have already:

"There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

"Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do."

"No one can listen to your body for you. To grow and heal, you have to take responsibility for listening to it yourself."

"Committing to a lifetime of wellness is not a luxury--it's a necessity. You'll never have enough time; you have to make the time."

"Get your head right and your body WILL follow! Anything is possible when you make enough little changes"

"If you want to LOOK young and thin, hang around old fat people."

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be

You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince.

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    "If you train hard, you'll not only be hard; you'll be hard to beat."

~Leash :heart:
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    "WHAT DEFINES YOU IS NOT WHAT YOU DO BUT HOW YOU GET UP AFTER YOU FALL"
  • mlagena
    mlagena Posts: 154 Member
    This is my absolute fave. When I'm afraid of something, or losing steam this quote always helps me re-evaluate.

''The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.'' -W. M. Lewis
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    This is one of my favorites. It is my motto as I work on Reclaiming Ivy.

"It's never too late, you're never too bad, never too old, never too sick to start from scratch and begin again,"
    --- Bikram Choudhury"
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,599 Member
    It's my body. It's going to do what I want it to do, when I want it to do it. Or I don't want it.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    “There are two kinds of pain in life - the pain of discipline and the pain of regret. The pain of discipline weighs ounces and lasts for minutes - the pain of regret weighs tons and lasts forever”.
    - Jim Rohr

If you want something you've never had before, you've got to be willing to do something you've never done before. – Unknown

Complaining is like rocking in a chair: it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere. – old saying

Be happy for the moment. For this moment is your life.

“’Obsessive’ is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.” -Unknown

“I look okay. I feel great. And I don’t give a crap what anyone else thinks.” – Jayne Williams, the Slow, Fat Triathlete

Mental toughness is not defined as the toughest, meanest, loudest person in the arena of sport. Mental toughness is being able to summon your emotional strength at the right time and using it with grace and dignity - win or lose. Knowing that we will be defined not by the fight, but by how we fought. What we overcame to get to the starting line and cross the finish line.

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. ~Muhammed Ali

We're each given the same 24 hours a day. It's up to us how that time is spent. – Sara Cox Landolt

"Win or Lose, you will never regret working hard, making sacrifices, being disciplined or focusing too much. Success is measured by what you have done in preparation for competition." - John Smith

Shut your gob and move your *kitten*. -Jacqui/Jachut

"ALL THINGS ARE DIFFICULT BEFORE THEY ARE FUN"

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was. -Dag Hammarskjold

"Only those who go too far can possibly know how far they can go." T.S. Eliot

"You can control one thing and one thing only today...and that is your attitude"

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. (Castaneda)

Today can be a great day or not. It’s your choice.

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they’ve got a second. – William James

There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.

Success comes in a can
    Failure comes in a can't

"Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years that they spend preparing for it."
    -T. Allan Armstrong

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    "There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on the path while others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be honored by your choice? Or will you embrace your new path? Each morning you choose to move forward or to simply give up."

Saw this quote on an MFP members sigline and found it very powerful:heart:
  • dbnew
    dbnew Posts: 7 Member
    Well the first one that comes to my mind this early morning is something I heard on an anime show as I was channel surfing once.

"Do it when you think of it and you'll always get things done."

It's pretty much my mantra now to keep my incessant procrastination at bay. ;)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.