HALF WAY AT WEIGHT LOSS AND I STILL DONT SEE...

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Any difference in my legs. My thigs and calves look like they are all cellulite. Especially my thighs up close to the top near the bum. It is so ugly. I just want it to go away. It gets to be 115 in Las Vegas and I want to swim and wear shorts. You know when you walk and you take a step and you can see your thighs in the front giggle that is gross.....maybe you dont know but i do! its gross :grumble: I just went to a dermatalogist and the doctor said there is no meds or creams to help....

Not this time in my weight loss but the previous time i was working out to lose my weight and it didnt seem to help either. not just alot of cardio but strength training.

Anyone know anything that will help?

Or anyone have this issue and got to their final goal and did see a change when you go to the end? people say it takes time....I said i know that but its been 63 pounds not 10, i should see something!!:sad:

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Really not much out there for this.

Treatments and drugs
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Weight loss
    Weight loss — through healthy diet and regular exercise — is probably the most beneficial cellulite treatment. Losing pounds and strengthening muscles in your legs, thighs and buttocks can improve the appearance of the dimpled skin. The benefits of weight loss alone are limited, however. Though the cellulite may be less noticeable after weight loss, it won't go away completely.

Lasers and radiofrequency systems
    Perhaps the most promising medical therapy is lasers and radiofrequency systems. One system uses combined negative tissue massage, radiofrequency and infrared light to treat cellulite. The other system delivers combined tissue massage with diode laser energy. Both systems offer improvements to cellulite after a series of several twice-weekly treatments. Results may last up to six months.

Liposuction ineffective
    Some people may turn to liposuction as a treatment for cellulite. During liposuction, a surgeon inserts a narrow tube under your skin through tiny incisions, and then suctions out fat cells. Though liposuction can shape the body, it won't remove cellulite, and it may make the cellulite appear worse.

Alternative medicine
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Many devices, products and creams claim to treat cellulite. But there is little or no scientific evidence to support these claims. If you do find a cellulite treatment that improves your skin, the results aren't likely to last long term.

The following are a few of the many advertised cellulite treatments. Keep in mind that these treatments haven't been proved effective in removing cellulite.

■Vigorous massage. Some cellulite treatments are based on the concept that vigorous massage will increase blood flow, remove toxins and reduce excess fluid in cellulite-prone areas. One method in particular, Endermologie (also referred to as lipomassage), uses a hand-held machine to knead the skin between rollers. You may notice a slight improvement to your skin after this treatment, but the results are typically short-lived.

■Mesotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a solution — which may contain a combination of aminophylline, hormones, enzymes, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals — under the skin. This treatment can cause several unwanted effects, including infection, rashes, and bumpy or uneven skin contours.

■Cellulite creams. Creams that contain a variety of ingredients, such as vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and antioxidants, are often marketed as the cure for cellulite. But no studies show that these creams offer any improvement. And in some cases, the ingredients in these products cause skin reactions or rashes.
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    According to some of the personal trainers I work around, all you can do do toning workouts and keep dieting and doing cardio.

Well, other than lasers and stuff.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I have the same problem. I'm really working my legs with running and pilates and yoga. I don't know how much help I'm really going to get with this. I've had the cellulite since I had my daughter 22 years ago. Even at my thinnest, it was still there. I do have hope that it will get better as I tone my legs.
This discussion has been closed.