Calories earned back for cardio but not weights?

Options
Is that correct that you can only "earn back" calories from cardio and not weight training? I have been doing cardio 2x per week and I also weight train 2x per week--do I just have my settings wrong? Or is that just life? :-)

Replies

• brits111383
    Options
    Hi -- you can add the calories burned from X minutes of strength training in the cardio menu.

MFP's strength training stuff will track your sets, reps and weights for each exercise, I personally don't care to use MFP's tracker for strength training because I think the interface doesn't remember very much and it's slow to load on the app. I think there's better stuff out there for tracking sets/reps/weights.

Strength training does burn calories, but usually the calorie burn will be smaller than the equivalent amount of cardio.

However, I like to think of strength training as a long-term investment in a better metabolism: more muscle = more calorie-burn just living life!
  • jadlpc222
    Options
    Oh! Well that makes sense. I thought I was being dense...lol
    I lost a ton of weight in the past JUST doing weight training, so I just wanted to make sure that I gave myself credit.
    Thanks for the help!
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I remember reading on the site somewhere that the reason it doesn't track your calories from strength is because there are too many factors that can affect it (speed, time between reps, etc)