now that's what I call parenting!

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
http://us.cnn.com/2013/02/20/us/new-york-strippers-teen-party/index.html?iref=obinsite

CNN) -- An upstate New York mother is accused of hiring strippers for her son's 16th birthday party late last year, according to the Saratoga County District Attorney.

Judy Viger, 33, of Gansevoort is charged with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, District Attorney James Murphy said in a statement. The parents of five teens who attended the party reported the presence of strippers to police.

The complaining parents found out that the strippers had been at the November 3 bowling party through photos posted on Facebook. The parents took the pictures to the South Glens Falls police, who then started taking witness statements, the district attorney's statement says.

One of the photos distributed by the district attorney's office shows Viger receiving a lap dance from one of the hired dancers; another picture shows a young male with another nearly nude dancer on top of him with her legs around his head.

"As difficult as it may be for us to have to weigh in on these kinds of cases, certainly exposing the unsuspecting children to this sort of 'entertainment' goes beyond the pale when it comes to what is appropriate for 14, 15 and 16 year old child," Murphy said in the statement.

CNN affiliate WRGB visited the Viger home and encountered a man who said the family "was not making statements at this time."

CNN's calls to Viger, her attorney and the adult entertainment company that provided the dancers were not immediately returned.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I live in Upstate NY,
    didn't this happen last year?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    I live in Upstate NY,

CNN) -- An upstate New York mother is accused of hiring strippers for her son's 16th birthday party late last year, according to the Saratoga County District Attorney.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I live in Upstate NY,

That's what I thought.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Srs, what terrible parenting. Who posts those kinds of pictures on facebook?! What were they thinking?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Srs, what terrible parenting. Who posts those kinds of pictures on facebook?! What were they thinking?

I know, those types of pictures really shouldn't be for public consumption.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The complaining parents found out that the strippers had been at the November 3 bowling party through photos posted on Facebook.
    The complaining parents found out that the strippers had been at the November 3 bowling party through photos posted on Facebook.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Now that's awesome!
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Best. Parents. Ever.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I never got awesome gifts like that. I am really starting to question my mom and dad's parenting skills.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    My parents never threw me a party like that. No hookers either. Now do you know why I hate my parents.

Also, what fool would ruin a good thing by posting the pics on fb?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Also, boosting the economy by hiring AMERICAN workers? That mom is a patriot.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Cool mom + patriot
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    http://us.cnn.com/2013/02/20/us/new-york-strippers-teen-party/index.html?iref=obinsite

Judy Viger, 33, of Gansevoort is charged with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, District Attorney James Murphy said in a statement.

At first I thought "endangering the welfare of a child? that doesn't seem to fit. then i saw where a stripper tried to kill a kid by suffocation:

another picture shows a young male with another nearly nude dancer on top of him with her legs around his head.

then it made sense.
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Cool mom + patriot

I agree; for all we know, she was helping out a few young ladies earn some cash to pay their way through college.
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRhuPQ0kk93b0BeEPndrYJ-zEDSH1a8dzvba-XHy3aIOVBq4RdQ
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My teenage son showed me this all the while calling her a "cool mom"..I told him I'm not that cool. lol
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    The strippers were invited to a bowling party...so a public place. Didn't even need to post pics on facebook to get "caught"!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    How horrible. Add her to my list of parents who serve their children's underage friends alcohol.
  • wildcata77
    Options

Judy Viger, 33, of Gansevoort is charged with five counts of endangering the welfare of a child, District Attorney James Murphy said in a statement.

At first I thought "endangering the welfare of a child? that doesn't seem to fit. then i saw where a stripper tried to kill a kid by suffocation:

another picture shows a young male with another nearly nude dancer on top of him with her legs around his head.

then it made sense.

LOL.

Seriously, this is so absurd!