The 8 Hour Diet Explained

This diet has worked great for me and can be easily followed with a little discipline.

The "diet" part of this eating strategy is eating for only 8 hours of the day. Which is pretty easy by pushing your breakfast back a little and eating a early dinner as your last meal. You can choose any hours of the day you want to eat, i.e. 1-9, 12-8, 8-4, whichever you choose.

Your calories can remain the same and the same amount of food can be consumed.

This diet can break plateaus and cause dramatic weight loss for people.

The first few days are the most difficult, but around the 4th day your body becomes accustomed to it.

You actually decrease your appetite naturally.

You can consume anything non-caloric when not eating.

Replies

• PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Interesting, but you forgot the 'explanation' bit. Given that I stick to my calorie goals, why would eating the same foods, but only at a certain time of day make any difference? Just curious.
  • Your body will have to spend less time breaking down food all day and use more fat as energy.
  • Your body will have to spend less time breaking down food all day and use more fat as energy.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    pseudo-science
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    As long as you eat at a calorie deficit, eating only during an 8 hour window a day is unnecessary for weightloss.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    As long as you eat at a calorie deficit, eating only during an 8 hour window a day is unnecessary for weightloss.

This.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    thats quite a strategic banana.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member

How do you break plateaus and drastically lose weight eating the same amount of food? Its all about in and out your body doesn't know time..
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

Lmao. I love you, Amanda.

Also, this:
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    tumblr_mhnsrrhGfY1r2sjnho1_400.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

Sooo, water?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I'm giving up on humanity.

Who came up with this tripe?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member

They call that Pica, and it's in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    This diet has worked great for me and can be easily followed with a little discipline.

The "diet" part of this eating strategy is eating for only 8 hours of the day. Which is pretty easy by pushing your breakfast back a little and eating a early dinner as your last meal. You can choose any hours of the day you want to eat, i.e. 1-9, 12-8, 8-4, whichever you choose.

The first few days are the most difficult, but around the 4th day your body becomes accustomed to it.

You actually decrease your appetite naturally.

What you are describing is Intermittent Fasting. There are many people on here that follo it.

but the "diet" part of it, is eating at a defict. If you ate at TDEE as you are recommending above, you would not lose weight.

have a look at www.leangains.com
  • iulia_maddie

Sooo, water?
    Or maybe OP has a list of all that negative calorie stuff?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

He's not failing for the old banana in the tailpipe trick

tumblr_mcdvd40Le41rjvqm0o1_500_zps1835e80f.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    Double post.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    I just always figured the main thing this diet had going of it is that, for most of us, we're only going get so hungry during the 8 hours we've allowed ourselves to eat if we follow the diet. In the 10-ish hours I'm at work, I'm never starving and I'm often eating small items throughout my day, but I still come in at only about 2/3 of my calories.

Don't get me wrong- I'm sure this diet works. It's just that, instead of any truly revolutionary thought, the main thing seems to be that it has imposed time restrictions that help because, outside that time window, the individual is saying "No. I can't eat ANYTHING at this time" which can help the willpower necessary to stay under their calorie goal.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    If I ate for 8 hours a day I would be 700lbs!!!