Ladies only please.

Options
I really need some help, I need a supportive sports bra. All I have is a really crappy three pack I got from Walmart. The problem is I don't have a ton of money at all especially to spend on a sports bra. I'm like a 48 C/D, actually last time I was measured the girl told me DD I tried on a DD and I could have put both of my boobs in one cup and the D was also too big and they didn't have a 48 C because the universe hates me.
So I need a really big, crazy supportive sports bra (and if you could tell me where to get 48C regular bra too that would be great!)

Replies

• LydiaShackelford
    LydiaShackelford Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Lululemon? They are a bit expensive, but their Ta-Ta Tamer bra is fantastic.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love the bras at Lane Bryant for everyday wear. For heavy activity, you can't beat Enell. Maybe not cheap, but trust me, your girls will not move while jumping up and down! and they last forever.
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort (Maia) for the sports.
    Try Thelingeriestore.com for the specialty size regular.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 DD, (occassionally DDD depending on the stupid bra) and honestly... I just double up my sports bras. I also buy them a bit tighter, like an xl instead of xxl to restrict movement more.
  • abbycosta0912
    abbycosta0912 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i actually double or triple up. lol! i don't want to spend more money on a bra when i know my boobs are only going to get smaller!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have bought most of my regular bras from Lane Bryant for many years. They are VERY well made and supportive and they are well worth the money. They often have sales BOGO half off or even free. So I hit them during a sale a few times per year and stock up.

I was a 44 DDD, now I'm a 38 DD... the problem I have is sports bras are not really made to fit EVERYONE. I tend to wear a regular bra under my sports bra as my regular one has underwire and keeps the girls from fighting when I am running. The sports bra just helps keep them from blackening my eyes. I buy my sports bras primarily from Target... but again I double up so you can pretty much use any sports bra over a regular bra.

I can't afford or FIND a really GREAT sports bra that does the trick either... but this works best for me. GOOD LUCK!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    UA armour bra, its around $70, but it literally holds everything in place and it isn't uncomfortable

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/ca/en/armour-bra/sports-bras-collection
  • jackiesaurus
    jackiesaurus Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wear my regular bra under the sports bra, and a fitted tank top!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I love the bras at Lane Bryant for everyday wear. For heavy activity, you can't beat Enell. Maybe not cheap, but trust me, your girls will not move while jumping up and down! and they last forever.

This. The Cacique brand is my hero and all I've worn for YEARS. Keep an eye on their page, they often have a buy one get one half off sale that really helps, especially if you combine it with their mailed coupons.

I wear one of theirs UNDER a sports bra that is a bit tight and the girls stay controlled.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I really liked Moving Comfort bras when I was still able to buy stuff in the states (I moved overseas). There were just recently a couple of threads posted on sports bras that you might want to search for....some good suggestions in those.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    For regular bras, Lane Bryant has some odd sizes, might have your 48c. Wait for their sales, and you can get a good set for $20 each or so, or a buy 2/get 2 free sale. lots of cute designs too.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort (Maia) for the sports.
    Try Thelingeriestore.com for the specialty size regular.

I really like these ones.

I really want to stress that it's very important to buy a very supportive bra - don't be afraid to spend a little wad of cash on it. It's a good investment. The bra should be snug enough to *almost* be too tight. Because the girls need to stay in place. If you're doing high impact exercise, like running or aerobics, and your boobs are moving around a lot - you run the risk of stretching/breaking the fibers inside your breasts that "hold them up" (this is the best way I can describe it, I don't even know what those things are called). Once they are stretched or broken, that's it, and your boobs get the saggies.. So hold em up!
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got a natori. My daughter is a 40 something and she recommended it. I really like it too.
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40 DD, (occassionally DDD depending on the stupid bra) and honestly... I just double up my sports bras. I also buy them a bit tighter, like an xl instead of xxl to restrict movement more.

I do this too!
  • bethkrusac
    bethkrusac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree! I'm hoping to get them smaller so I can save a bit on buying bras in the future! Usually, I utilize Lane Bryant, though. THere are TONS of coupon codes for ordering online and they have a lot of sales, too.
  • jme6976
    jme6976 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I double up. I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over. I cannot do without underwire and the real supportive sports bras that cross cross on the back strain my neck terribly!
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Torrid? They carry bras, I think, 38D and above, they carry A, B, and C, but you have to measurement of 38 or above. This is for regular bras, not sure if they carry sports bras, I would assume so, though.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    For heavy activity, you can't beat Enell. Maybe not cheap, but trust me, your girls will not move while jumping up and down! and they last forever.

Agree 1000000% with this. I play hockey, run and CrossFit. enell is well well wellllllllll worth the investment. I think I started buying them well over 5-6 years ago and only have had to purchase like 4-5 of them tops. They get looser as you do more stuff and wash them, so I have a newer super tight one for when I know I'm running or CrossFit and use the slightly older ones for hockey since it's not as high impact but still need to keep them under wraps lol.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I too have the crappy walmart kind, maybe if we put all three on it will equal on expensive one...lol!!
  • Missi3601
    Options
    I've been wearing Lane Bryant T-shirt bras- I love them!