Carb Sensitivity

Options
Hello,

I have always been pretty good at losing weight. I am currently about 178lbs and 5ft10, i would like to lose about 20lbs. The only way i can seem to lose weight is by cutting carbs.

I recently started my own business and didnt pay attention to my diet and put on a bit of timber. Is is possible the only way i can lose weight by cutting out carbs, as this always leaves me feeling drained which i really cannot afford at the moment.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not the enemy. The only reason to cut them out would be a medical issue with them.

Make sure your calories are set right (no more than 1lb per week as a goal) and make sure you are tracking everything and properly weighing and measuring everything you consume. Weigh all foods/solids (cereals, grains, meats, veggies, etc) and use measuring spoons/cups for all liquids. Weighing foods is much more accurate than just using a measuring cup. For example, the one cereal I eat has a serving size of 1.5 cups with a weigh listed beside it. That 1.5 cups of cereal weighs more than the grams listed as the serving size. Same with my protein powder.
  • shelbygirl444
    shelbygirl444 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have done the low carb diet a few times before and sounds like you are feeling what is referrred to as "the carb-free flu". The good news is that it goes away after about 2 wks. You can kick it faster by eating super foods such as avacado, tomatoes, green bell peppers, etc. Carbs are my weakness too. I have switched to whole wheat instead of white everything which has helped alot! When I buy bread, I buy the no sugar, whole wheat bread ... and I use carb-smart whole wheat tortillas too. I wouldnt suggest going NO- CARB but try for a healthy low-carb lifestyle. Best of luck!